updated actifeed, material thickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updated actifeed, material thickness

after reading it seems some of the posts are a little dated on this topic and things may have changed?

let me see if I understand, if running a flex fit hat, I would assume I would need to leave it on auto and set the material thickness to around 7-8?
    and lower limit to about the same? I'm running version 11.03.047 melco OS

settings.JPG

Setting the "Auto Lower Limit" only works while in Auto. It regulates auto active-feed to never go "below" whatever number you designate.

For Flex Fit caps 6-7-8 would be about right. Sewing too close to the brim on Flex Fits is always problematic as it can force the presserfoot to slide down the incline of the center seam and into the backside of the needle. If it does this, a needle break will occur...speed is also a factor in this situation too...

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I would put lower limit at 3 or 4 if your material thickness is 7-8. Move the pressure foot all the way down and up two.
      Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

lets say you are running a logo with actifeed set at 6 points on auto and the stitching is being pulled too tight, cant you adjust the min. number to say a 7 or 8 to loosen the stitches?

ok I answered my own question, yes you can. LOL

next, how to you stop false thread breaks?
        a 3/4 setting or a 5/6 setting looks great but gives false thread breaks.

example on my numbers is the 3 is acti feed and the 4 is min. number.
        Last edited by Lurkin; 03-30-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Increase your column feed and adjust your bobbin tension. is a better bet.
          Your design may need more underlay to prevent pulling the columns.
          there is no magic pill.
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
          X