red thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red thread

Has anyone had problem with Red Arc Poly thread? Whenever I use it, the bobbin comes through on top and doesn't look nice. If I embroider the exact design on the same item in another color, it is perfect, go back to the red and it looks terrible. I have used double backing and it does help and most of the time is fine but sometimes is not. Is the red thread different for some reason? I have used 5+ different spools of the red and always get the same results. Is their another red thread out there that works better?

I am probably the exception that proves the rule, but I always have the best luck with Robison Anton thread. My next choice is Coats Sylko. Please keep in mind, however, I am a Made in USA shop, so my choices are pretty limited! THAT being said, I have tried Madeira, ARC, FuFu, etc., before I changed to Made in USA, and of all of them I get the best results of Robison Anton.

Comment

Where is the cheapest place to buy Robison Anton thread?

Comment

Hi, I don't know about the red because I don't use it a lot. Have you tried changing the needle position? I was having that problem with black thread in position #1, so I put the black in another position and it worked fine. I have tried other colors in position #1 and they work okay, but black does not work in position #1. Fenicky machine I guess.

Comment

ypl
          There is a place in Maryland called J. Dashew. www.dashew.com UPS ground is 2 days shipping.
          Also try S.M. Cristall Company in Buffalo, NY www.smcristall.com which should be 1 day UPS shipping. I would keep both catalogs handy if one is out a color you need.

Comment

Working...
          X