Trying to replace a needle and it won't go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to replace a needle and it won't go

I've been embroidering for about 4 hours, using glitter rip away vinyl. It makes a mess of my machine so I like to clean it once I'm done.
    In addition I decided to change out a few needles. Taking off 70/10 BP and replacing with 70/10 BP.
    Everything went well, until I got to one of the needles that had the bulk of the color for the glitter vinyl.
    It was really hard to loosen the screw, and the needle didn't really want to come out, I just kept gently tapping it and it came out. But I can't get the new needle in, it just won't even go, no matter.

I had the same thing happen with a 2nd needle that also had the bulk of stitching out the glitter vinyl design.

Help, how do I fix my mess!

I hope I've included enough info, many thanks,
    Joanie
    Sew Many PawsAbilities

take the old needle that your throwing out turn it over and use it to clean out the path the needle rides in.
    You may have gotten debris in the hole.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Thank you Jerome, it was a great idea, but no luck!
      I think what happened is that the glitter is all around the needle opening and maybe it won't let the path for the needle to actually open?

The glitter around the place where the needle is supposed to go in, is fairly clumpy, mixed with oil.
      I tightened up the screws and am going to hope that maybe gravity will play a roll and just let the glitter fall away.

I don't think I'll change needles right after a glitter design, I think if I would have just let it be, it would have all jiggled loose.

I'm going to work around those needles for now, but any ideas would be so appreciated.

Many thanks,
      Joanie
      Sew Many PawsAbilities

Comment

If you remove the screw completely the needle lock will come off and you can clean it, and replace it.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

I'm such a novice! So, if I pay really close attention while I take the screw out, how difficult is it to put it back together?

Ninny Disclosure - Rod & Sharon came to my place for 2 days of training. The 3rd day I called Rod in a panic because I couldn't get the hoop arms attached. (I'm pretty sure I'm hearing some full out snickering :-)

Seriously though, thank you Jerome. I might try it tomorrow. I'm under a deadline and don't want to goof anything up. Well more than I have.
          Joanie
          Sew Many PawsAbilities

Comment

Oh Thank you Jerome!!! I'm back to a 16 needle machine!

Joanie
            Sew Many PawsAbilities

Comment

Great!!!!!
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
              X