Machines not initializing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machines not initializing

Starting up this morning, turned on laptop, opened the OS and turned on machines....or tried to.
    After nearly 10 minutes of loading the RSA/CSA machine #1 finally turned on but with no design loaded; machine #2 never turned on.
    Error message on the screen "An invalid argument was encountered".
    This after other error messages telling me to shut OS and try again.
    Have 2 Amaya XT machines.

Have had trouble in recent days with designs loading to machines; message said that design download was denied on many occasions lately.

Ideas?
    Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Try this...it seems to clear up a ton of bugs...
    Open the computer up, but none of the programs.
    'START' and click on 'RUN'
    Type in 'regedit' and click 'OK'
    Find Melco/Designshop
    Find the 'DEFAULT' folder (I did this for both Design Shop and the Amaya folder)and DELETE the folder.
    Close out and restart your computer and try starting up your AMaya again. Remember you don't turn on your XT until the gray window comes up-don't rush it!
    IF you are at all hesitant to do this, find the default folder first through 'my computer' and rename it (Original Default) then start up OS-it won't 'see' this file with the new name and will start a new one. If everything works, go into the file and drag your 'Original Default' to the trash. Doing it this way-if you have to put the folder back, you just change the name back without the ORIGINAL in it and nothing is lost.
    Anytime you make changes like this, always shut down and restart-to clean out the cobwebs!

Comment

Roland had some goo dideas, but if it were me I would also try a new Neetworking cable form the laptop to the router or network switch the runs the Amayas. or possibly replace the switch or even try it with one machine and a crossover cable and see if the problem persists.

if you have a four port switch move the cables to different ports or try disconnecting one machine at a time and trying again. it sounds as if you may have a cable going bad if it is intermittent
      and getting worse, and also has to do with the communication to the machine only.
      If it is this problem at least it is fairly cheap to fix.

Good Luck

Let us know what you find out.
      Ron
      Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Spent an hour on the phone with Melco Tech Help. FINALLY figured out it was the hub. A friend brought me a loaner until I can get a new one and I am back up and running again.

Thank you to those with suggestions!
        Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X