Still having trouble with thread tubing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still having trouble with thread tubing

A few days ago I posted about how to put the plastic tubing that the thread goes through to the back of the embroidery head on the xt. I cut the tubing off about 1/2", like it was suggested, and it stayed on...for a while. Now I have 2 of the tubings (side by side) that keep coming off the back of the embroidery head. Is there anything you can put on them to keep them attached? I know with stethoscopes we used ky jelly on the end of the tubing to get the ear pieces to slide and then it would dry and seal the tubing on. Would this be harmful? Not do any good? Does anyone know? Help me please!!!

Maybe it has a little grease on it. I'd take a Q-tip with a little alcohol and clean where the tube goes in. Gee, the uses of ky jelly! That might work. Wouldn't hurt to try it. If that failed you could always use a drop of super glue. Of course, you may never get it out again, but, hey, does it ever need to come out?

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

As Far as I'm concerned it NEVER needs to come out! Its a real pain to get back on and now that there's 2 popping off on a regular basis its starting to irritate me! If all else fails I'll superglue...but would hate to glue my fingers to the machine. *l*

Comment

Superglue should work, and you will only want a 'dab' of it. Superglue doesn't 'bond' most materials and it definitely isn't permanent like claimed. It was developed during the Korean or Vietnam war as a battlefield surgical aid-it WILL instantaneosly bond skin together for an instant bandaid and is used in surgery.
        To 'glue' other materials together it forms an 'adhesive' of sorts by capillary action-2 smooth surfaces squeezed together will 'bond' with a smooth 'liquid' between them-like a suction cup-and that drives the oxygen out of the superglue and it dries instantly. But anytime you want-just 'twist' or pop and it pulls apart. You can easily 'pick off' the dried glue.
        On threads, poly fabrics, it is solvent enough to 'melt' the fibers and permanently glue them together.
        Just use a needle to get a drop or 2 around the socket or plug where the tube goes-then slide the tube in and give it a little 'twist'. Couple of minutes it will be dry, but STILL, use your air can to blow a stream of air through it, a couple of times. If you don't, and the glue hasn't cured/dried yet-as soon as you send a thread through it WILL dissolve the thread and glue it in place. To be safe, do your 'glue job' and then let it sit for a couple of hours or overnight!

Comment

Working...
        X