Walk Stitches Not Catching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk Stitches Not Catching

Has anyone any ideas why the walk stitches in my designs do not catch (lock the top thread with the bobbin thread)? When I use a center or edge walk underlay, the top thread just flops around until the column stitching starts. Then everything is OK. I have had no problems with the column stitching at all. I have tried narrow, medium and wide columns. I have also changed the stitch length on the walk stitch but to no avail. This happens on more than one machine (Red). Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

David Sklar
    Ballyhoo!
    Arlington, VA
    David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Hi David,
    The bobbin tension could be too tight. Also, check the presser foot height and the needle orientation. Otherwise the timing could be off a little. I have one machine that did that just the other day and I have also noticed a little less than perfect satin stitching. I'll be trouble shooting today.
    I'll be up your way this weekend. My daughter lives in Reston and we're going up to see her.
    Mary
    Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

David,
      Bobbin tension too tight,
      Needle orientation is not correct,
      Presserfoot height is too high,
      Hook timing is off,
      Needle depth position is off,
      Thread feed system is faulty,
      Needle case centering is off,
      Inching stitch count is too low,
      Designs do not have tie in stitches,
      This is what I can think of tonight.

Sincerely,
      Ed
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

David,
        Forgot one....

Underthread presser (clip under trim knife) is faulty.

Ed
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
        X