Purchased used machine - missing manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased used machine - missing manuals

I have just purchased a used XT through Ebay. The machine came without an Operator's manual or the Parts/Technical manual CD.

I have found instructions for setting up the machine online at the Melcouniversity.com site. It mentions using a line conditioner and a crossover cable. Would anyone please share with me which line conditioner and crossover cable they use. I have many varieties online: Cat5 or Cat6 crossover cables and different voltages for the line conditioner. The power cord that came with the machine looks like a 240, but the machine had been in storage and the owner could not remember if it was in fact 120 or 240 and if he sent the correct power cord.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, where do you buy Amaya hoops and supplies?

Thanks!

Any Cat5 or better cross over cable will do but this is only if your connecting directly to your PC if your going through a router or a hub then you need a straight through cable. as for the line conditioner You just need a good UPS (battery back up) with surge protection.
    Amaya's run on 120 in the USA the connecting cord is identical to your computer power cord for a desktop PC.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Welcome to AmayaUsers, Sam. Are you a Dr. Suess fan?

I knew Jerome would answer your cable question He knows his stuff!

As to your question about suppliers - there are so many options and preferences that you may want to narrow your question down to specifics. If you do some searches on this site you will find no shortage of opinions on everything from hooping systems to threads. Just about anything you'd want to know about has been discussed. Then, when you have a more specific question, you're sure to get answers.

Comment

As far as hoops
        I would recommend the "MightyHoop" by hoop master...
        No S**T that is the name..
        They are magnetic hoops and they have taken over every job we do.
        they hold satin to Jackets even carhartt .
        Some will differ however the fact of no more hoop marks and the speed you can hoop and the great holding outweigh most objections.
        a link
        Get new or replacement embroidery hoops for most any brand and system size using the revolutionary Mighty Hoop. Purchase online today!

I personally would be lost without them..

One supplier I like for service, Quality & Price is

[email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Hi Mama,
            I do love Dr. Suess but he did not play a large part in my business name.

Thank you for your response. I guess the supplier I am looking for would be specifically for Amaya hoops and resources.

Thanks.

Comment

I have seen Mighty Hoops demoed at a business expo. They were impressive.

Do you use the 17.25 x 11.25 size hoop? It seems awfully big for the small arms of the machine. I am used to a Barudan that has a much heftier frame. Would you use the table attachment for this size hoop?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

I bought my original hoops from Melco. I wish I could afford the Mighty Hoops; everyone loves them. Sometimes folks sell hoops they no longer need on this site, so if you have a size in mind, it wouldn't hurt to ask if someone is willing to sell one.

I use the 17.25 x 11.25 and even the 16 x 16 jacket back almost exclusively. I have never had a problem with the arms and do not use the table attachment. The only time I have experienced any problem is when the thumb screws that hold the arms in place began to wear out and I didn't realize that the loose screws were causing extra wide x axis stitches at the farthest edge of these large hoops.

Comment

Thanks Mama Kass. You're an awesome Amaya encyclopedia.

Comment

Well, now I'm embarrassed...there are so many people on this site that know ten times more than I do; they just didn't happen to be posting on the day you inquired so I answered.

Comment

Working...
                    X