bobbin thread showing through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobbin thread showing through

I am having issues with the bobbin thread showing. I understand the trouble is in the bobbin area. How do you check hook timing? I do not understand this technical stuff and am trying to figure it out.

If your ActiFeed is set right on standard or working correctly on auto, the problem should be in the tension of the bobbin. Melco says to adjust the tension so that the bobbin and bobbin case will slowly fall. You do this by hanging on the the bobbin thread and let the bobbin and case dangle. but make sure the thread is not going thru the pigtail.
    Another bobbin adjustment that I have used for the psst 15 years is the have the bobbin and case only move when given a small jerk of the bobbin thread. The reason you are probably showing bobbin thread is because the bobbin tension is to loose.
    I hope this makes sense. I would assume Melco has a video on this from their site.
    Regards,
    Dave Janis
    Life's A Stitch

Comment

I just referred to this thread for my "bobbin thread showin'g issue. As soon as I checked the bobbin tension I knew that was the problem. I tightened the screw quite a bit until the tension was right. I'm surprised that it loosed so much on it's own, it's never done that before.
      Thanks for your advice Dave J.
      Tricia
      Sharp Threads
      Almont, MI

Comment

The brand of bobbin you use makes a difference in the tension. Some lose their tension easily. With 11+ years out in the field and running 4 of our own machines, we have seen the differences. We have been pretty set in stone on using NEB bobbins because of the clear plastic sides. No lint to get under the leaf spring on the bobbin case due to high speed sewing from the cardboard sides of other bobbins or absorbing moisture, etc. We have recently been testing another brand of bobbin from Hammer Bros. which is half the price and are very pleased with the results. They run $18.99 per gross. No negative issues with them. Do set your tension so that when the thread is out of the pigtail and you give it a slight shake with your wrist, the bobbin should drop 4-5 inches or so. That is where ours sews the best.
        Sharon Springer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I don't need a new box yet, is it the #8330 Hammer Bros. bobbin that you have had success with?

Comment

http://www.hammerbrothers.com/hbrothers/ Yes, it is Mama Kass. So far, we have been pleased with them. No issues and no lint or tension issues. Hope all is well down your direction!
            Sharon
            Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thanks, Sharon; I'll give them a try. All is well - a beautiful Spring.

Comment

Speaking of bobbins..it is necessary to use the bobbin cases for Amaya XT that Melco sells or can any L type bobbin case be used> If so is there any particular brand that is better or more used?
                Rick Booker
                BFC-Creations.com
                Melco EMT 16X

Comment

that should read "is it" not "it is" sorry for the dyslexic moment
                  Rick Booker
                  BFC-Creations.com
                  Melco EMT 16X

Comment

Here's a thread that includes a discussion about bobbin cases:

Comment

Working...
                    X