Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya Motors and Motherboards

Hello,

Over the past few years I have replaced several motherboards and motors on my Amaya machines. Has anyone ever found a reliable shop to send them for rehabilitation? It must be much less expensive than buying new ones from Amaya but I have not yet found a source. Any help or references would be appreciated.

Is this common? To replace many motherboards and/or motors? Why are they burning out? Just wondering...
    ~geri

Comment

Hello Two fish (no name),
      Do you have an electric line conditioner prior to your machine?
      Do you live in the country?
      How old is your machine?
      Who is putting in these new motherboards and motors?
      Which motors?

Ed Orantes
      Melco Tech and Trainer
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Hello again,

I would not say this is a common problem - though it is expensive when it comes up. I have 12 Amaya machines that we operate 16 hours a day. Six of my machines are 4 years old and six are 2 years old. So far I have replaced 3 motherboards and 3 motors. It has always been our Melco tech who has diagnosed and installed the motors and motherboards for us. Our shop is in Cincinnati, Ohio and I don't know if we have a line conditioner. I do run the machines through a battery backup fuse box.

Comment

Dear Two Fish (no name),
          Understand that the mother board handles just about everything the machine does. This was a decision on Melco's part to combine all the machines circuits into one circuit board. So whether you have a small circuit problem or a big one, the motherboard could be replaced to correct the problem. Melco's older machines (EMT series) had up to five or more circuit boards per single head machine. Sometimes to fix a problem you had to replace two boards together and these boards ranged from $500 to $1000 each. It is still this way for other brand machines as well. Earlier this year I fixed a SWF machine and the customer had to purchase $2000 worth of circuit boards to get back up and running.

Why do motors fail? Well, one might say anything electronic is like a light bulb... you never know when it will go out. However a motor combines two factors, mechanical and electric. So either your motors burned up, electrically opened up (just stopped working) or a bearing stopped rolling smoothly.
          You've got a lot of machines and run them often. A good reason to have extended warranties or money set aside for the inevitable service call.
          Cincinnati is a big city and shouldn't have electrical issues like they do out in the rurual areas. A line conditioner adjusts the voltages going into the machine should they fluctuate. A battery back up system allows you to embroider in the dark when the lights go out. Not really necessary if you ask me.
          Best of Luck,
          Ed
          -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

I use http://www.epohouston.com/ for my computer cable needs. They make up cables from the raw for me some times. They do board work there. All nerds there. I am into ham radio and all my friends use these guys for our needs.

Comment

Working...
            X