X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Big Red has a BIG Problem...

Hi everybody,

Help?

Kim in Philly here searching the boards before I cry and try to find a tech. My mishap, of course, happened late Saturday, the last day before our vacation, so guess where I am on the first day of vacation???

Problem started when I slid the hoop out to remove a pin before starting and got distracted and didn't put the hoop all the way back. I hit emergency stop immediately but heard some horrible crash, but it didn't look like it hit the hoop. Presser foot and needle stayed down. We managed to get the foot up enough to free the garment and hoop by taking off the arms and manually moving the z driveshaft (per Rod's suggestion on another thread). Then I mused out loud "wonder if we can move to another needle" and my partner thought I told her to and then BOOM...series of crunches and now 2 needles down (but movable), presser foot partway down and color change stepper index error.

Any ideas? Anybody work with the tech(s) closest to me (who are not close at all.....)

Kim @ Athena Embroidery Accents

One needle down is one thing, but two or more needles down compound the issue greatly.

Unless you have some experience in this area, especially with the Reds, I would get prepared to call in the tech.

I would advise not to try moving the needlecase with more than one down, things are binding and will damage the upper arm covers, reciprocator, optical sensors, color index optical sensor flag, possible bent needlebars, etc, etc......

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Hi Kim,
      I had your situation with 6 needles down earlier this summer. Rod directed me to go straight to a tech and that is exactly what I needed. I didn't actually have anything broken but the whole needlecase/head had to be taken off and other things readjusted. It cost me about $500 and I got a long needed tune up at the same time. There is a tech in Penn. I got lucky and my tech came out the next day. Hope you can get it taken care of quickly.

Susan
      Susan<br />Embroidery Station

Comment

Thanks Rod and Susan. I have the tech scheduled for the day we come back from vacation. The rates quoted are about half of what I expected, and thankfully she is about an hour away, instead of 2 states away! Hopefully it won't take all day Appreciate your replies!

Comment

Working...
        X