X stepper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X stepper

I was sewing a new design today (on a cap) and the machine stopped with an error that said something to the effect of X stepper missed index while sewing.

I pressed the green button and the machine moved to the next sewing position and finished out the design. Since it did not trim the thread when this error occured it snapped the thread when it moved to the new spot, but it still sewed ok after that.

What is this indicating to me?

Dennis

P.S. Thread breaks or sewing problems have been virtually non-existant on my machine so far (now that I have had training)

Dennis,

It was probably a "Cutter stepper Index Error". This would indicate that the Stepper motors for the knife/selector were not at their respective home positions.

Next time , if it happens again, do an "intermediate trim", using the Hammer(Adjustment key) and needles key together. Make sure you do get a trim, if not , trim it manually, then click on "Maintenance", "Steppers" and click on "Detect Trimmer". Click OK. Now hit your "Jog Forward" key on the machine keypad once. It will probably make the color change at this time, if one was called for. Now hit the "Jog Forward" key a couple of more times and hit start......takes more time to write it then do it....

Glad to hear your thread break issues have gone away---shows that you were listening during the training....and now applying all that info you received.....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

You are right Rod.

My apologies. I got a call from John from Delaware that directed me to the error log for the exact message (thank you very much John for a long distance call to help!). It wasn't what I posted. It was a selecter stepper index error as you guessed. My bad.

Thanks for the info. Next time I will check the log for better info. Now I will change the needle on that cone per John's suggestion that the needle may have been bent slightly when the thread broke.

Dennis

Comment

Follow up post. I pulled the bobbin out after the needle change and discovered a "glob" of stuff under the tension spring. Just prior to sewing I did a rotary hook oiling and got a bit more oil on it than I intended. I wonder if the excess oil got down on the cardboard bobbin side and softened it up a bit?

Not important but wanted to be complete. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Dennis,

The Coats & Clark cardboard sided bobbins just seem to contribute more to the lint/fluff, whatever you want to call it, under the leaf spring..I suppose over oiling the hook could contribute a problem with these also....just one more reason we like the plastic sided NEB bobbins....no muss--no fuss.....no tension adjusting...etc....

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
          X