Machine Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Oil

Is there a particular type of oil to buy that you use to oil the hook with etc? We've always bought it from Melco but find ourselves running low (because we have been busy - a good thing) and I don't feel like ordering just that. I don't remember this coming up in class or it ever being mentioned here...

Can I go to home cheapo, wally world or lowes and pick something up?
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

I have only seen it advertised as embroidery machine oil. Most embroidery suppliers have it so you don't have to wait a week for Melco to ship it to Maryland.
    I get it from the company I get my thread and backing from which is 2 days UPS ground.
    If you are low on thread or backing, you can combine the order so you aren't paying $10 shipping for a $4 bottle of oil.

Comment

John,
      The oil is just a non-staining white oil designed for use on embroidery and sewing equipment. I buy mine in larger bottles (Dritz brand) from the frabic store. Mine has a zoom spout that's about 7.5" long that makes it real easy to get to the oil ports under the side covers.

Debbie

Comment

John,
        There is an embroidery supply store in Annapolis which should have it in stock. A bit of a hike from where you live, but better than waiting several days for it to ship.

Steve

Comment

When I was in the FREE training for melco.

They stressed that Melco uses a FISH yes fish based oil that will not build up.

I have been sselling oil for some years and I must admit I do like the oil I get from melco the best.
          it causes no excess build up that you get from other White oils.

JMHO
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

Has anyone heard from Melco or a tech regarding the machine oil? Does it make any difference if is is Melco oil or generic embroidery machine oil from an embroidery supply company? This discussion started in 2008, but I have not found a resolution.

David Sklar
            Ballyhoo!
            Arlington VA
            David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

Just order a quart from Madeira & have enough for the next ten years- although I throw it out when it yellows, after about four years. Sewing machine oil is only that.
              Gregory

Comment

Keep it in the frig.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Gabi<br />Gabi Kat Embroidery Emporium<br />Tucson, AZ

Comment

David,
                  "Oil of Olay" is not a good choice!!!

Just trust me on this one.

Ed
                  -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Fine, light in color- nearly clear, and "easy" on the fingers- meaning that is slides- forever; as long as you rub it. Put a drop of the oil that is supplied or ordered for/by you on your index finger & rub that drop w/the thumb- if you are tired of this before the oil thickens, it is good oil for these machines. I run my four at 1150 for basic production, but can add a drop of oil to the hook & race & go full blast.
                    Gregory

Comment

Working...
                    X