Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roatary hook timing adjustment

Hello all,
    My XT got a small piece of backing caught in the rotary hook and the machine stopped. I ended up having to remove the entire hook housing from the shaft and take it apart to get all of the debris out. I carefully put the housing back together and reinstalled it using another XT machine as a reference. I know that I need to re adjust the timing and posttion using the closest needle and some minute machine calibrations but I can not find how to do this in the manual. Since the housing was completlely removed from the shaft, am I in big trouble? Rod Springer showed me how to do this calibration once but of course I have forgotten how.
    Also, The presser foot adjustment wheel on the same machine just moves freely now with no ratcheting. How can I fix that?
    Besides that, my three machines are working great and the only problems we have is operator error from time to time. I am learning every day.

Cheers,
    Brad Comstock
    A Custom Thead
    Bradley

I would suggest getting a tech a tech to do this for you. You can do a lot of damage if it is not installed properly. Maybe you could buy Rod a nice big fat steak.

Comment

Hi Brad,
      Rod will call you in just a little bit.
      Sharon
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
      X