Why is my machine so Loud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is my machine so Loud

Ok guys I am really trying here but this machine is driving me nuts. Ok I am not sure but when I start stitching out anything this machine sounds like a freight train coming thru. The hoop is vibrating really bad and there is a loud noise coming from behind the thread rollers kinda like a clacking noise. I can not for the life of me figure out why. Sad to say I don't use this machine enough to know if this is normal or not. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Carolyn
    You Gotta Love It!<br /><a href=\"http://www.elegant-embroidery.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.elegant-embroidery.com</a>

Dear Carolyn,
    As far as the hoop vibrating, are the arms tightened down. Sometimes I change arm position and don't get the screws as tight as the should be. Another reason for vibration could be the pressure foot needs to be lower.
    I will leave the clacking issue to a tech who has more experience than I do.
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

If you haven't been using your machine regularly, it may need greasing - badly! Does it chatter? Does it sound like metal scraping on metal? Has it been hot where the machine is? Heat can melt the grease.

Juli in Kona
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Carolyn,

From the description you have given, it could be several possibilities but my guess is that you may have a broken or fractured nylon threadfeed drive gear. This gear is located inside of the threadfeed drive gear housing and is best replaced by a tech....

That is my best guess for lack of any futher information such as, is the machine actually sewing, missing stitches, loud snapping as the needle case color changes, etc, etc??

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Hello Guys, thanks for all the responses. I do live in mississippi and it does get hot here but my machine is in a spare bedroom not sure if that matters much. The machine does sew and as far as I can tell it does not miss any stitches. There is not any loud snapping as the needle case color changes. From further observations last night the sound seems to come and go as the machine sews different parts of a design it sound normal from my experience with my six needle and then this clacking sound starts again. Is this something that is cover by warranty. I spoke with Melco last week about my warranty and they want to charge me $900. for another year and then I still have to pay 200 every time a tech come out. Anywho, I really want to get this right and take very good care of my machine so are there in good tech close to gulfport, ms that anyone can recommend. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Carolyn
          You Gotta Love It!<br /><a href=\"http://www.elegant-embroidery.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.elegant-embroidery.com</a>

Comment

Carolyn,

Check your Rotary hook support, sometimes called the Retaining finger, it may be to close to the hook basket.
            Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Carolyn,

Sorry about that. If the retaining finger is to close but not actually touching the hook basket it will make the machine really loud, the take up levers will bounce around and there will be alot of popping, but it will still sew.

Hugo Torbidoni
              Melco Tech
              301-471-3157
              Hugo Torbidoni<br />HT Embroidery & Machine Repair<br />Certified Melco Technician<br />301-471-3157

Comment

Call Melco and have them walk you through the color change test. Look in maintaience, steppers. There is a test there for color changes. When our machine was clacking Melco walked me though that test and it realeigned. Maybe one of the techs on the list can help. I don't want to go futher because I want someone with more knowledge to pick up the next set of directions.
                Margaret
                Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Can Some one call and walk me thru this. I call melco today and I have done the maintenance that they said to do and my machine still sounds like a train. My number is 2282236832. Please help!

Carolyn

Comment

Thanks so much for everyone helping me to get this resolved. Hugo I really appreciate the phone call and all that you did. After you helped me go thru all the check my machine sounded much better it really did need some oil. I will contact melco on monday again because when the machine runs at 1200 spm i notice the clacking noise. Maybe they can tell me is this is ok or not! Thanks again

Carolyn

Comment

Carolyn,
                      Your closest Melco certified technician is Ed Orantes. He is located in Lafayette, La. I believe that's about 200 miles from you. Give him a call if you are having troubles or questions.
                      Sincerely,
                      Ed Orantes (third person)
                      504-258-6260
                      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Hey Ed - Didn't Ricky Henderson always talk about himself in the third person. "Ricky was tired today.", "Ricky doesn't like his contract", "Ricky is the greatest"

Tom
                        Tom Dauria<br />Mr. Sew & Sew

Comment

I was thinking Ricky Bobby from Talladega Nights did that too [img]smile.gif[/img] Ricky Bobby is the best race car driver, Ricky Bobby is going to win. Maybe Im off a little but who knows. ROFL
                          Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

See, I was thinking more along the lines of
                            Bob Dole - presidential candidate.
                            Ed
                            -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Talladega Nights was one of the funniest movies I ever watched. I remember my wife walking in on me as I was roaring with a glass of scotch in my hand all by myself.

Makes one nostalgic for good ol' Wonder Bread. But that's just me.

"If you ain't first, you're last." Ricky Bobby

Tom
                              Tom Dauria<br />Mr. Sew & Sew

Comment

Working...
                              X