Threading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threading

Hello. Scott here from Texas ). I just got my Machine this weekend and I am attempting to thread one of the needles. I got every thing done and the thread is hanging out of the needle about 1 and half inches. Do I now stuff it up into the Trap that's about an inch behind the needle? I have never run the machine yet. I have blonde hair, that may be the problem.

Scott

Welcome Scott from Texas. Yes, being blonde is probably the problem (also blonde). If you press the hatchet button on your keypad, with the bullseye key on your keypad, the threat will get nicely pushed into the the thread grabber.

~Geri

Comment

Hello Scott from Texas. After I get the needle threaded, I hold down two keys on the keypad -- left row, third one down (kinda looks like a "T") and center row, second one down (kinda looks like a target). This will activate the grabber and stuff your thread back there for you. I always trim AFTER it's stuffed and held in place. I find I have a lot less false starts that way.

HTH,
      Judy

Comment

The correct way if you are rethreading...is just pull the thread up and catch it in the spring roll across the front...that's what it is for!
        Keeps the correct tension on the thread-then trim off so only a 1/2 or 3/4 in 'tail' shows past the spring.
        Trying to move the thread bar while hanging on to thread can be dangerous, and you also can't control the amount of thread dangling.

Comment

I just want to thank Scott for making me feel like an expert!

Scott, you should have a metal pullout thingy on the right of your key pad/control panel which will show you the frequently used functions. Getting to know them will help a lot.

Barb
          Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

Thank you Geri and Judy and all ). It work like a charm. Silly me should have seen that it does that. Now the hard part is to try and max up the colors threads to the cones. Melco sent 30 cones , so I have a 50/50 shot at getting the right colors in the right spot. Oh. good morning by the way ) I am sitting here sipping my morning coffee.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by signman:
              The correct way if you are rethreading...is just pull the thread up and catch it in the spring roll across the front...that's what it is for!
              K
              Thank you. There for a few before the post i made for help, I was starting to think I had an old training guide. Because none of the thread on the machine was between the spring, Now its clear to me, thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara Bunker:
                I just want to thank Scott for making me feel like an expert!

Scott, you should have a metal pullout thingy on the right of your key pad/control panel which will show you the frequently used functions. Getting to know them will help a lot.

Barb
                Dont be silly, you are an Expert and that thingy took me 3 tries to get the sticker on right. I should have started with thew English one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Scot...sounds like you need to get to the training class, believe me-I was in the same boat you are now paddling! Not sure what you mean by matching up the thread colors to the cones...you can put any color spool on any needle rod you want-doesn't matter what shows up in the program for color on each needle-that is changeable!
                  Don't wait for 'experience' before getting the training-schedule it now. If you don't have a local Amaya user you can call-even the sales person should help you (well, that's what we thought...)then give me a call but remember I'm here in New Hampshire...a couple hours different but I'm always glad to help. I'm not a service tech or trained rep...I just like to help others like the others have helped us!
                  Roland

Comment

Scott, yeah, starting with the English guide is a good thing.

Now, matching colors to the cones... hmmmm. You're funny. They better be the right colors or you're really in big trouble LOL. Some of the older ladies in my home embroidery classes actually do have trouble matching colors.

Someone, somewhere in the embroidery world, has a trailer on her emails that reads: "There are two kinds of embroiderers: those who do a test stitchout, and those who wish they had."

Happy stitching,
                    Barb
                    Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

Signman - I'd never noticed the spring roll before...how easy is that??!!!

Anita

Comment

Originally posted by Barbara Bunker:

Now, matching colors to the cones... hmmmm. Y
                        Melco sent the machine with no cones on the cone tree. They have thread running out of the cone to the needles ), I just need to hook up the cones. The problem is the room is so dim, I will be changing the lights for the room for sure. Then I will be ok. I cant go to Den Co for another 6 or 7 weeks. So I am just taking my time and watching those silly DVDs that they sent off and on when i get time.

Comment

Originally posted by signman:
                          Scot...sounds like you need to get to the training class,
                          Thank you Signman. I sure do need to get my training going. I look Forward to it. There is a book that cost 250 dollars /OUCH. its "Digitizing 101". Do you know of that book? I am temped to order it.

Comment

Scot, I am by far no expert and have been using the Amaya's for a year now, I would suggest that you find a good digitizer to begin with and concentrate on getting familiar with your machines, hooping and the industry then learn to digitize.

Comment

Dear Scott,
                              Digitizing 101 is expensive and worth it. However it isn't for a new person to embroidery. It would really be a waste of money. At this point you need practice, practice,practice and training, trainng, and traiing. I can't stress this enough. Sit and watch designs stitch and watch their thread path as well as how they look on different fabrics. When you don't have jobs, stitch on samples. Keep the samples and write out in notes what backing as well as the other parameters. Keep a book of samples so you have something to refer back to. The book will be no good to you untill you have done the above. Margaret
                              Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Working...
                              X