Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice

Long story short...
    I have an Amaya XT, 6 months old, has not ever really sewn well. Thought it was my fault and inexperience. Called tech support many times and bottom line is they are sending out a tech. First question....this will cost me $250.00. Doesn't that seem high for a machine under warrenty or is that standard?

Second question...He said it sounds like the rotary hook and/or hook timing. Tech sent me directions to try and fix it myself. The directions look complicated. Would I be better off just leaving it alone and paying the price to have the tech take care of it or is it easier to do than it seems?

Thank you for any and all advice.
    Joanna
    Joanna

In my opinion, based on experience...for the amount of money we pay for the Amaya, the SALES REP or your area Service Tech SHOULD show up when your machine arrives-help you set it up, and run the test pattern on it right in front of you. This would certainly put an END to all problems that we buyers have had with new machines that just won't work right...or as in your case, a 6 month old or less machine requiring a tech call at YOUR expense even though it is on warranty and hasn't run right to begin with!
    I'll bet at least 75% of the chat board will agree with me on this-that Melco would SAVE money by sending a 'setup' person on delivery to GUARANTEE and prove that 'your' machine worked right when it was delivered!

Comment

Great Idea! Also, the warranty doesn't begin until the tool is sewing correctly! Perhaps in clude a basic user's "get acquainted with the tool" session as well.
      Theresa

Comment

I think if you have a service call in the first 90 days you do not have to pay travel for a tech to come. If you wait too long after you get the machine to call then you have to pay. Since there are not techs 20 min from everyone its fair to get something for travel or else people with warranties will call in for a service call when the smallest things go wrong which would not be fair to Melco. If they did send a tech with no trvel charge then you can be assured the price of the equipment will be going up to cover those costs so its going to get paid one way or another.
        Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

What about the hook timing question? Is it as hard as it looks?
          Joanna

Comment

Personal opinion, it is not easy without experience. We tried to do the hook timing one time when we got a duffle bag jammed in the hook assembly. Don't even ask how that happened. My husband did it trying to help. I had tech come out, he fixed, and the machine sewed like a dream. To me, it was well worth the money.
            Barbara
            In San Antonio

Comment

When I had a problem with the first machine that was delivered to me (damaged by delivery guys?), I insisted that a tech come check the replacement at delivery. Luckily, a tech lives close by, and he ran the ampass design after it was set up to make sure there were no problems. I realize that not everyone has a tech within 20 miles, but if at all possible, especially for first time buyers, it would probably prevent alot of frustration for new owners. 4 years later and this machine still runs like a dream; granted I don't use it like I should, but am still pleasantly surprised and thankful it's an Amaya when I do. Edna
              Etched In Thread
              Preserving Your Memories in Thread

Comment

Hook timing and replacing parts related to the rotary hook should really be done by a certified Melco tech. If it is not installed properly, you can damage the machine.
                Barbara, most embroiderers including myself have had clothing jammed in the rotary hook at one time or another. I always check but clothing and backing are loose items that you can't see underneath while it sews and it happens to those who have been embroidery for a very long time.

Comment

Working...
                X