Terrible grinding noise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible grinding noise!

On one of my XT's I have a terrible grinding noise (stopped running the machine) when I have the hat driver in doing a left to right fill. Tried the same design with a driver from one of my other machines, same noise. Switched over to flats, ran like a champ, with no noises. Any Ideas?

Debbie

Debbie,

Had the same problem last week with two machines within 5 minutes of each other. One on flats one on caps. Only during the fill you described. I performed the 20,000,000 stitch maint. on the "X" carriage and it stopped.

Steve I.
    Trinity Embroidery
    Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

We had a horrible noise on our 'big red'and even had a needle bar seize up...back in the beginning. Dick Beauregard told us about the additional oil needed on the needle head 'bar'-20 drops instead of the original 8 I think...also, how to add extra oil on the needle rods themselves by removing the magnetic cover. A year or so later, the maintenance instructions were changed to 20 drops. Not sure if XT's have the same thing-but ever since the 'seize up' we ALWAYS add 2-3 drops on the needle rod half way down on the colors used for big runs AND the rods on either side of that color, along with a half dozen drops up in the 'track' slot every morning. As he explained, there is a 'felt pad' around the bars that holds the oil-and repeated jobs using the same colors heats up and evaporates the oil faster-so additional oil prevents that. Also, rotate your basic color spools...don't leave 'black, red, blue, white' etc. on the SAME number spool-rotate them around the 16 spots! This prevents the overheating on those color rods! Not a single problem since then for 3 years!

Comment

Working...
      X