NEEDLES KEEP DROPPING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEEDLES KEEP DROPPING

HELP MY WIFE IS HAVING MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH HER AMAYA THE NEEDLES KEEP DROPPING AND WE HAVE TO GET THE ENGINEERS OUT EVERY TIME THIS HAPPENS , SO FAR ITS COST US OVER £1300 [AROUND $2600 DOLLARS] THE LAST TIME WE TRIED A DIFFERENT ENGINEER NOT ASSOSCIATED WITH MELCO HE SERVICED THE MACHINE AND PUT THE NEEDLES BACK IN PLACE. BUT HE SAID IT WOULD HAPPEN AGAIN UNLESS THE NEEDLES WERE CALABRATED AFTER HE HAD SERVICED THE MACHINE IT WORKED ABSOULUTELY GREAT THE BEST EMBROIDERIES SHED EVER HAD , BUT TRUE TO HIS WORD THE NEEDLES HAVE DROPPED AGAIN , WE HAVE TRIED TALKING TO THE MELCO ENGINEER HE SAYS THE NEEDLES DO NOT NEED TO BE CALABRATED AND SEEMS RELUCTANT TO HELP, DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY ANSWERS TO THIS MAJOR HEADACHE, OR REASONS WHY ITS HAPPENING

Alan,

The first thing we need is more information.

Is this an XT model?
    Is this a Standard Amaya?

How many needles dropping, are we talking about...just one, 3, 5, 7, all 16? not trying to be smart elec-ky here..just need all the information we can get.

The standard Amaya's use optical senors to find needle case home and for color changing. The XT's use encoders on the motors to calibrate their positions.

Need "all" information possible....like what exactly was she doing with the machine when the needle(s) started dropping, etc, etc, etc, etc...as we on the group do not know, or cannot know, the environment the machine is operating in , or how the machine is being cared for and lubricated, you must feed us all of that info before any of us could be of any real help.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Alan,

Its helpful if you don't use all CAPS. For one its very hard to read and 2 its considered yelling and inconsiderate so if you can take your cap lock off it would be much appreciated. Other than that some of the Techs here will get you situated and the info you need to have your AMAYA running as it should.
      Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Alan,
        Are you certain to not allow the machine to color change when you have the front black plastic covers off the machine. These covers are removed to do maintenance only. But they must be put back on the machine before you allow the machine to move.
        Could this be your problem???
        Ed Orantes
        Melco Tech & Trainer
        504-258-6260
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Ed,

What are your days off again? You are worse than me work-a-holic. Take a day off why don't you [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm headed out to go fishin in about 15 min soon as my last Pop Warner custoemrs get thier stuff before the games today and tomorrow.
          Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Actually Aaron,
            I'll be spending a week in a classroom environment. Sure I'll be earning knowledge but won't be earning a dime to help with the bills.
            So I don't mind working in the evenings to compensate a little. After a little cold calling, I've already have three calls scheduled.
            Burning that candle at both ends...
            Ed
            -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
            X