false thread and bobbin breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• false thread and bobbin breaks

I have had a lot of false bobbin and thread breaks recently. A design will stitch out fine, then all of a sudden, I spend the next 2000 stitches starting, stopping, checking etc. then it'll go about it's business, then do it again. I will start another round, same design, and it may make it through or it may do the same. It happens on a lot of my slim line designs, I'm noticing, b/c it's a bear to check the bobbin every 10 stitches. I've turned the sensors off and it works like a charm, then next thing I know, thread is everywhere b/c it didn't detect something real. Any reason why this happens that I can't figure out? I appreciate this forum so much...I'm in my 2nd year of this and there are days I wonder why I don't just roll this big red machine right off my front porch. I just discovered you all w/in the last 4-5 months, so you've helped me maintain. I don't offer suggestions myself b/c I'm so new and still figuring things out. Are there other forums like this that help, as well? Is it worth it to belong to the one that you pay each month, I believe it's Joyce .
    Blessings~cindy

I assume with your big red (not xt) you have the yellow thread feed rollers and the red grooved pinch rollers right?

Does this happen on every needle? Does it happen with every design?

Where is your material thickness set? auto or manual? What are you sewing on?

The more details you give, the more we have to help diagnose your issue.

BTW, I wouldn't turn the sensors off - It just masks whatever issue you are having and as you noted, can cause issues of its own.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Cindy,
      Do a search in this forum on false bobbin and thread breaks. There's tons of information in the various responses. Maybe one or more of them will help you identify your problem.
      One thing that happened to me recently is that I replaced a bobbin case with a new one. I started having lots of sewing issues. I did not realize that the new bobbin case might not be tuned right, so I never thought to associate that with the problems. They all disappeared when I adjusted the tension screw.
      This may not help you now, but put it in your list of things to check when you have thread feed problems.
      HTH,
      Mary
      Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

When I search, it gives me all of the pages in that "category" so I have to shuffle through all of the comments...is this the way the search works on this forum? I thought it would just bring up "false thread breaks" topics only. I will try again, yes...thanks!
        Blessings~cindy

Comment

Yes, I have the yellow rollers and red pinch rollers. It does not happen on every needle or every design. It does seem to happen when it is stitching a column stitch and my columns aren't looking right now. I have tried auto feed, then standard and does it on both. I'm using the slimline hoop, stitching on the back of a nylon chair pocket. I have "auto" density set in the design for all columns. It doesn't do this on the complex fill stitches. I did about 12 chairs and they were perfect, then this started and I've done about 3 chairs this entire day. I appreciate any insight you can give to me...
          Blessings~cindy

Comment

Cindy,
            If you feel like paying for paying for a forum, you could send me some coinage [img]smile.gif[/img] LOL
            As I try to envision your problem, I'm searching for more information. You're sewing on nylon chairs with the slimline hoop? As they say, to see your operation is worth a thousand words to someone with experience and we're relative blind here on this list. Have you had formal training on your Amaya??
            My thoughts:
            Is the presserfoot all the way down?
            Are you using the silver top clamp window on the slimline?
            Has your slimline been "adjusted" to your machine?
            Are you using Auto Acti-feed?
            What speed are you sewing?
            Are your needles in straight forward?
            Are your red rollers lubricated and clean?
            How old is your machine?
            How long have you been embroidering?
            Again, have you had formal training?
            Is this an original Amaya or an XT.
            Are you keeping up with lubrication such as one drop of oil on the rotary hook every three to four hours of operation?
            What size needles are you using?
            What design are you sewing on this nylon chair?
            If it's text, what font is is, what size is it and how familiar are you with lettering properties?
            ETC...

Seriously,
            If you are going to pay for information, consider getting some one on one training which answers all of your specific questions. Kind of like tutoring. And consider that not all trainers train alike. As a trainer myself, I'm proud of the individual who says "I taught myself everything I know" but from a business standpoint, I don't think that's very smart.
            Wishing you the best.
            Ed
            -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
            X