Top thread not picking up bobbin thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top thread not picking up bobbin thread

I swear I go for months and don't post anything and then the Amaya gray cloud sets in over my machine. I have done everything I know. The top thread is not picking up the bobbin thread and so it comes up after about 10 stitches and says "thread break" I've changed needles, I've changed the tension on my bobbin, I've made sure my settings were where I think they need to be, I've put the one color on another needle, I've deleted the jobs and machine off of c:\program files\amaya, I have rebooted. Does anyone out there have any words of wisdom??
    ~Chrissy~

Hook timing? I'm not a tech but had one out today so I got a little mini lesson on timing. I think, literally, the hook is not picking up the top thread.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Have you tried a new bobbin spool?
      Is your needle in backwards, bent, or rotated too far in either direction?
      Is your bobbin tension too tight?

Ed
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

After you check all the things that everyone is kind enough to suggest, if you're still having problems start checking the trimmer. I did a lot of research on the bobbin break after trim and the under thread presser foot (it's a spring) wasn't contacting the selector arm so after a trim the bobbin thread would hide from the needle (a metaphor). I took the trimmer assembly apart and bent the spring slightly so it would make contact and that solved the problem. Hope this is of some help

Comment

Working...
        X