Rotary hook stuck at half turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary hook stuck at half turn

After going into maintenence to make sure pressure foot was at the right height for the shirt I was starting to sew I hit go and needle went down hit something & broke and the rotary hook/thing the bobbin fits in is stuck at a half turn. I shut off/turned on, did e-stop and on, did oil hook, i'm afraid to try "spin hook" to see if that will make it budge......Don't want to make matters worse. Please help if anyone is still awake on the west coast and has knowledge of this area. Otherwise I will wait for the east coast to wake up in the morning!
    Thank you
    Debbie
    Design Wizard Embroidery

First, why do you go into maintenance to see about the pressure foot. It is the the wheel behind the needle case that controls the height of the presserfoot, not anything on the computer.

Now, to your problem. When "oops" like that happen to me and nothing seems to work, I thrn off the machine and then manually pry the needle and presser foot up. I take out the bobbin and usually take out the needle too because I just am unsure what the h... is going to happen and want to avoid any damage. After it is up then turn on your machine again and it should be all right.

Add I did figure out the quick change hoop by -OH WOW- reading the instructions carefully. A few pictures would sure help though!

Juli in Kona where it is even earlier than the west coast.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Hi Juli, I knew you would be the one to respond!!
      I know the wheel on the machine adjust the height, but I go into maintenance-Head timing-bottom center and check where the pressure foot is and make sure I can just barely slide a piece of paper under it as it rests a tad above the needle plate. Is that not right?? LOL I have been doing it this way for a year plus.....
      Now for my original issue. I did remove the remaining part of the needle & pressure foot is up. The black thing where the bobbin case goes (rotary hook) I think is what it is called is the part that won't budge and go to the normal position to put the bobbin in correctly. Instead of the bobbin handle going across when it is placed inside it is up and down. Am I making any sense? I want to see what happens if I do spin hook, but I am afraid of making a bigger mess of the situation.
      Thanks

Comment

Loosen the two screws on the left side of the "Finger". The end of it fits into the little groove in the black part of the bobbin thingy. Then spin the black part until the notch is at the top and let the finger go right into the notch. Now, there is a gauge that came orginally with all our machines that looks like a little flag. the "pole" of the flag fits into the space behind the finger in the notch. Hold the finger against it gently and tighten the two screws again. It will now work.

If it doesn't, write again.

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thanks Juli.
          I am too tired to mess with it now, but I will first thing in the morning. I will let you know how it goes......
          Good night.
          Debbie

Comment

Juli -
            Just wanted you to know that your instructions were great. My husband did as you said and had it fixed in a matter of minutes. I will now begin to sew again on that machine.
            By the way when I first got my machines one of them didn't trim and I had to watch it like a hawk to catch it and cut it manually, I was so ready to kick it to the curb! Anyways, when the tech came to install my sequin gizmo I had him look at it and he said it needed a new trim motor. so it was bad from day one. For months I thought it was something I was doing wrong.
            Thank you again & have a great day.
            Debbie
            Design Wizard Embroidery

Comment

To the ladies out there......
              Why do assume we are doing something wrong? I suffered under this dilussion for almost a year of puckered designs until my tech came out and replaced the thread feed wheel. It was cracked and the wobbling made the tension very uneven and pulled the designs out of "flat". It was very frustrating though I never got to the kick-it-to-the-curb point. In hindsight, I should have insisted on a tech call instead of over the phone adjustments that didn't help much.
              Oh well, it is fixed and now I remember why I got into this business.

Redina

Comment

Working...
              X