Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of Needle 16 and sequin unit

Rod
    As far as the video shows I can use needle 16 without the sequin unit as long as I lock it.
    However when I try to do that I get a sequin unit headup error message and I can not use needle 16. How can I change that. I beleeve I have been able to use needle 16 only one time without that message the very first time I tried to use that needle.
    Maritha<br />Dutch Embroidery Corner, CA<br />[email protected]

The problem is probably in the new upgraded mechanical headup switch vs an outdated sequin video. If the sequin head is in the up position, the mechanical switch will be closed and if the needlecase traverses to #16, it is trying to bring the head down. If it can't then an error message would probably occur.

I would think the only way to get around this would be to go into Tools and set the Sequin option to 0(zero)....not sure this would even work, would have to try it on mine. I have just resigned myself to the fact that I have 15 needle to work with and one reserved for the sequin.....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Hi Rod,
      Since you are on the subject of the sequin attachment, will Melco ever be doing a class on this? I have never used mine and would like to someday, soon.
      FYI - I don't even have a spool of thread on needle 16. I thought I was told not to use it (#16) except for the sequin attachment.
      Thanks
      Debbie Garifi
      Design Wizard Embroidery

Comment

Debbie,

I have not heard of Melco offering a specific class on the sequin attachment. I know that a training video was sent or included to/with any machine with a sequin attachment. To my knowledge, that is all there is.

Some of the techs and Trainers received additional training (for a fee of course), but no training classes for the public that I know of. So for right now you would have to locate a trainer for one-on-one instruction that was trained on the sequin device.

That was the original instructions, just reserve needle 16 for sequin use only.

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Rod
          Thanks for the information. I was just wondering why in the past they said needle 16 could be used and the particular reason why no longer. I don't think it is a good idea to put that setting on 0 (if that would work and I think it might because I read so many who had trouble with the unit not working when it was on 0) because if the sequin unit is only sporadicly used one could forget to return it to 1 and as such get frustrated when it does not work when trying to use it.
          I am just very greatfull my unit works so nice. I am very careful however not to bump into it and get it out of alignment.

Comment

I would like to concord heartily with Maritha and reiterate: Donnot set the sequins options to 0 if you have a sequins head. I also confirm from personal experience you may have trouble bigtime trying to set it back to 1 when you wish to. I just spent several months troubleshooting this because it was set on 0 and impossible to set to 1.
            Like Rod, I have accepted that I have fifteen needle colors to work with and a dedicated #16 needle for sequins.
            Cordially,<br />Dee<br />Bordados Distintivos<br />Personalized Embroidered Textile

Comment

Dee's problem was something in her computer butting heads with a memory?? setting in the Amaya motherboard. Switching to a completely neutral computor and then setting the sequin option to 1 triggered the release and then going back to the original computer and viola....the problem had gone by-by....gremlins!!

Dee is now gunshy of this zero and 1 setting....eh eh eh....

Rod Springer
              Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

I do have a problem with our device because it currently will not center the sequin with the needle. We have used the origin button and it moves the sequins but puts it right back in place. Any techs who can give me any advice?

In regards to the sequin attachment, I have used ours since January and have had a lot of nice results with some trial and error. Anyone who wants to ask about things I have done are welcome to call at 480-216-3163 or e-mail [email protected].
                Thanks for any help. Margaret
                Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Margaret
                  Your unit might be out of alignment. If you have the CD on the unit it will show you how to allign it. Not that I think that it is easy and if you ask me it is a tricky business that I hope I will never have to do.

Comment

We adjusted got it fixed. Thanks for your help.
                    Margaret
                    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Working...
                    X