HELP! not trimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, Did a no-no.

Every time I call the tech here he prefaces his response with, well we can't send you anyone now. About the trimmer not trimming, the tech said last week not to bother him with silly stuff.

Sorry if my frustration is showing. I'm to the point with the tech support here that I've begun purchasing accessories and threads from competitors or importing it directly from the US.

Now I do see the pin and how the thing pivots on it so I'll try toggle it.

[ July 24, 2008, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: Alicante ]
    Cordially,<br />Dee<br />Bordados Distintivos<br />Personalized Embroidered Textile

Comment

Dee,

Wow, nice tech(s)....silly stuff..eh? This behavior should be reported to your European side of Melco headquarters...don't know that they would consider it .....silly stuff!

You should be able to go into Maintenance, Steppers, in OS and then look at the columns labled Selector and Cutter. Do this with the needle plate off. Here you can click on "out" in the Cutter column and it will command the knife pushrod to move outward. Same with the Selector. Then you can also command them to go back in. One at a time tho.....

It should not have been that difficult to get that knife and carrier...they need to be put on as a unit, over the pin. The knife has tabs on one side that fit into slots in the carrier and the knife can only be placed in the carrier one way.

The pushrod is attached to a cable block deep in the back of the machine and its positioning as far as forward and backward in relation to where the knife sits is also critical. so you don't want it to move either, or slip in the attachment blocks....or you will have even larger problems.

Maybe, if you can take some close-up pictures as you did before of the position of the knife and selector with the needle plate off, machine on and after going into Maintenance, Steppers and clicking on "Home", in both of the Selector and Cutter columns. This would allow me to see if they are positioned correctly in relation to the back side of the rotary hook and if other adjustments need to be made. Those pictures can be sent to my home email [email protected].

When you loosen the screw that holds the housing onto the top of the sewing arm, don't remove it, just slightly loosen it. There will only be a tiny bit of movement, not enough so that you would think it would matter, but believe me, a tiny movement of the housing block can spell success or failure...that is why we use the jig fixture.....

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
      X