Amaya 2006 OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya 2006 OS

I'm a newbie to Amaya and had my heart set on one...just got a gift 2006 machine and discovered I didn't get the dongle? I have the boxes of software but not dongle. I assumed my Digitizer 10000 designs would work.
    1. Where do I find a dongle?
    2. How much is a dongle?
    3. Do I need Design Shop also.
    4. Can I run my Amaya using other software.
    5. Will any dongle work?
    ....DONGLE is a stupid term!
    Stubby
    Super Stitchen by StubbyTails

Dear Stubby,
    You need to go back to the gift giver and get the dongle. If the sofeware includes Design Shop then you need to get the dongle to make it work. The dongle or key is the security so people can't pirate the software. No other dongle will work. It like the software has a route to follow like in a pinball machine. Part of the route is though the dongle. To make the Amaya work you have to have the operating system called OS. Melco can sell that to you or solve the dongle issue but it will cost you some money. I can't tell you how much. Sorry. I don't kow if your Digitizer 1000 designs will work but Melco do interface with several stitch files. One other thing that the gift giver may not have told you is that to have Melco support you will need to pay a license fee. All companies require this. You may own the equipment but to support it with techs you can call for help you will need to pay this transfer fee. If you got a manuel, this is described in the very front. Many times people will "give" or sell a machine and neglect to tell the new owner this. It may cost some up front but is well worth it in the long run.
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

1. Melco (or someone willing to sell the Amaya Operating System (OS) dongle
      2. my guess......expensive
      3. no
      4. for digitizing or design editing......yes
      5. only one for an Amaya to the best of my knowledge

Did you buy the Operating System from the person you got your Amaya from? If so, I would contact them to ask about the dongle.

Yes, dongle is a stupid term......

Best of Luck,

Susan
      Sewfly Embroidery

Comment

should clarify:

4. not for the actual operation of the Amaya, ie loading the designs, selection of hoop, colors, etc...

however for the editing of designs etc yes, you can use another program depending on file type it can process....

Comment

As far as pricing goes, you should really contact Melco and find out who the sales rep for your area and call or email the sales rep for that. They are not high pressure people and won't call you 10 times to buy a product.

Comment

The Amaya operating system software comes with a set of training CD's that are very good and they will walk you through everything. The maintenace you must do on the machine is also covered. That is very important for you. You should perform the entire maintenance first and reset all your counters so you will know when to perform all the maintenance in the future.

Design Shop also has a very good set of training CD's with it. You can learn a lot about digitizing new designs and editing existing designs from them.

You can use other software than Design Shop for editing. If you received the Design Shop software it would have had a dongle with it that matched your machine and software serial numbers. Only that one will work. If you have to purchase one you should call Melcomart. A new one will probably be quite expensive and they have a person that will configure a dongle for your machine and software specifically so have your serial numbers when you call. If you are unable to locate them Melcomart may be able to look up their file on the person that gave you the machine for all the serial numbers.

Good luck to you.
            Marcelle Lewis
            http://embroideryavenue.com
            http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Working...
            X