Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!

I was sewing on one of my machines this mornings and all of a sudden the machine made a load clank noise and stopped running. I pulled the shirts off the machine and discovered that there was a huge birds nest of thread in the bobbin assembly area. The needle tip also broke. After clearing the areas, I tried to re-run the shirt. The machine is very load now and leaving furry fraying on the embroidery. Also getting lots of thread breaks and bobbin breaks.

I checked the area for burrs and see none. The bobbin assembly was out of position and I simply rotated it and popped it back. But I continue to get these breaks and load sewing. Any suggestions. I have changed the bobbin case, cleaned, oiled, and checked for burrs.

Please help. I have 150 shirts due by Tuesday and really dont want to spend more time running them on one machine.

Jason - AMA Embroidery & Design

This means that you should, take off the needle plate, remove the retaining support finger,(the litte item that you forced the rotary hook basket over the face of to put it back into the retaining slot, if the face of this finger is scratched or bent, the machine will not sew well), remove the rotary hook from the machine as it has most likey slipped on the shaft from what you are describing and is probably out of time anyway. Inspect all of these pieces for needle strikes, gouges, grooves, burrs, scratches, etc, repair or replace anything you find wrong....and then put it all back together, properly timing the hook and properly guageing the retaining support finger with the supplied gauge in your starter kit. Sorry, no short cuts here, from what you are describing.

The fact that you say, the machine sounds very loud now, indicates something is hitting against something else and could cause more damage if you don't take the time to fix the problem or call for a tech to completely check out the machine.......

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. I have taken the rotary hook, etc all apart per the manual. The manual is not very good at showing the timing portion. I am very mechanically inclined and I am very frustrated that I cannot get this thing back up again. I did find a small burr on the support finger. I was able to file it a touch to remove it. I will order a part from Melco on Monday just in case, but when I put everything back I still get that clanking noise and now the bobbin thread does not get picked up. I guess a tech call on Monday is my only solution at this point. Can I call the tech direct or do I have to go through Melco. I know there is one about 45min from my house.

Thanks again
      Jason

Comment

Jason, if your machine is under warranty, you need to go through Melco. If not, you may call any tech you wish to.
        Sharon
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
        X