Don't know what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know what to do

My machine will not sew at ALL!!! All it is doing is going to the heads down position and it won't come back up. It's stuck like that, and i don't know what to do about it. If I try to restart it the messge "color change stepper index error". Does anyone know what that means? Or how I could possibly fix it?

I am going to assume you have a non-XT machine and you need to clean out the color change sensor. This sensor is located near where your adjustment know is for the presser foot. You will see a series of black tabs and you will see a black horseshoe shaped plastic piece on the tab that the needle is on. Blow this out with canned air (on a regular basis) and it should fix your problem. If this doesn't make any sense call me at 541-770-2957 and I will walk you over it.
    Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

He means 'knob'.
      We grab the air can and blow out behind the needle assemble from both sides, up and down...
      if you are old and blind like me you can't see where the sensor is anyways but its back there! I figure the lint/dust came from somewhere, might as well blow the whole thing out.
      When that tiny little electric 'eye' is covered, it shuts you down.
      IF there was a loud 'kathunk' before it stopped in the down position, that is another expensive repair (thank goodness we bought the extended warranty!)

Comment

Working...
      X