More hat woes, Ed, Herb, Rod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More hat woes, Ed, Herb, Rod?

It seems 90% of my hat jobs now are for unstructured, low profile, 6 panel hats.
    And everyone of them has a logo with fine detail
    that ends up right down the center seam...so now
    we get multiple layers of sewing on TOP of a 6 layer thick seam. Thread shredding heaven....
    I'm even trying a piece of freezer paper over the backing to help lubricate the needle and thread...it did help with 50% of it.
    I'm using 75/11 sharp needles.
    Wondering if I should have heavier/thicker needles-will that help prevent the thread shredding? (go ahead, say it fast 6 times...)
    I do double check head down needle alignment, that's fine, 'angle' of needles perfect, bobbin, etc. It's that hat type...if I switch to any other type of hat-no problem. Density of fills-as loose as I dare. Overlaid areas, took out underlayment.
    Now I'm just down to the last thing to change...the needles.
    Your recommendations?
    Roland

Well I am a day late but how are you doing with you issues?
    Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

No replies or solutions yet...and I have done the 'steamer' routine. This style hat isn't that 'stiff' at all-it's the multilayer center seam I think that just abrades the thread as it goes through-up to 6 layers plus the thread holding the seam together.
      That's why I'm wondering if I should have heavier needles just for hats.
      No problem at all with the design on 5 panels or flats...it's just the center seam, then multiple 'fill' areas on top of each other right down the seam. And narrow bean or walking stitch for detail on top of that...just too much at once and no way to remove any of it.

Comment

Are you running on auto actifeed and if so what is your minimum thread feed setting?

Comment

Roland,
          Would you be willing to let someone else run your design on another machine, under similar circumstances to see the results. I would give it a try for you. I do quite alot of hats and don't see that issue.
          Debbie

Comment

I'm running on auto, and know nothing about mimimum thread feed...never had to find it to change anything...quite possible it could have changed? I know design shop has a bad habit of deleting files completely that I have made changes to, and changed the name on by adding '2', etc. after it-next morning-files are gone...

Comment

Send me your email and I'll send the file off to you Debbie...I only had to do 2 sample hats...took all day-but they may turn into orders of 100 or more so I have to have a good file to send out for bulk sewing.

[email protected]

Comment

My cell phone went through the washer a few days ago so my long distance abilities are compromised at this time. Call me when you get a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by HERB:
                  My cell phone went through the washer a few days ago so my long distance abilities are compromised at this time. Call me when you get a minute.
                  This reminds me of what happened to me last week. I had a user tell me his dog ate his Blackberry. When he brought it in the next day, most of the buttons were missing and it had teeth marks all over it. Now that he has $350 missing from his next paycheck, I bet he won't give the pooch a Blackberry for dinner anymore.

Comment

Herb,
                    If you are going to put your cell phone in the wash, you must make sure you are NOT using Tide with Bleach. You MUST use the original Tide. Fresh scent is okay too.
                    Ed
                    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Roland,
                      Wasn't sure if email went thru, so I am attaching my email address here.
                      Debbie

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                      X