Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Dumps Thread

Hey all,
    Not sure how to explain this, but here I go. Our machine has started to dump thread or feed an excessive amount of thread. Its almost like the thread breaks or the bobbin doesn't catch it and it keeps chugging along, but doesn't stitch. Thread and bobbin detection are turned on, yet it doesn't prevent the problem. I also have just completed the 10M, 4M, 2M and 200K stitch maintenance actions, inspected the rollers and all seems well. The machine has 72M stitches on it and it has the original rollers. Is it time to change them? I don't see any grooves as described in the manual and it doesn't seem to matter what needle its on. Also, it doesnt do it all the time, but it seems to be occuring more often.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Linus

I recently did the same mainteneance and had it fail to detect bobbin out and kept sewing. I knew nothing was wrong so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the software. My problem went away. I have found that doing this when I get weird problems allways helps. It's a nuisance but works.

Comment

So you re-installed the Amaya OS?

Thanks,
      Linus

Comment

You should reinstall both os and ds. I have found ds likes to be the last thing installed. It just makes life easier.
        Sue

Comment

Linus,

Is this an XT Amaya or the Standard Amaya?

72 million stitches is quite a lot of stitches....I know the yellow ones wear like iron....I don't think there is a black roller alive that could make it that far without having issues....

Do you have the older black rollers or the newer style yellow colored rollers?

Was the lubrication maintenance kept up on a regular basis, not "just" when the timers told you to do it?

When looking at the axle pockets and axle hubs on the rollers, do you see any abnormal wear?

Do you see grooves on any of the "pinch" rollers ( the red ones), not just the thread feed rollers?

More questions than answers, from a tech standpoint, from the information given....

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

What version software are you running?

Comment

Working...
            X