Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double height outer ring for plastic hoops.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double height outer ring for plastic hoops.

How many of you out there would like to have double height outer rings on some of your plastic hoops. I know when I am trying to hoop up heavy quilted or blanket lined carhartt jackets, sometimes even denims, horse blankets, any number of heavy items that need to be hooped, I would love to have the double height to hold the product more securely. Someone in another post was having problems with the garment slipping out of the hoop. This would help with that situation. Would it be feasible for Melco to look into this?
    Debbie

Debbie,
    That sounds like a great idea if it would really make a difference. I have often wondered why the plastic hoops had short outer rings. Does anyone know?
    Mary
    Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

Could you put 2 outer short rings on?

Juli in Kona
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

2 hoops wouldn't fit in the hoopmaster boards. The older EMC machines had a 6.4" circle and 14.1" x 9.3" oval hoops that were double height wood. They were great for heavy items.
        Debbie

Comment

It would be good but I fear those bulkier items would require a hoop with an outer ring that has a wide range of movement to be able to accommodate a wide range of bulk OR just be for bulkier items. I've had the fronts of lettermen's jackets that obviously had more lining than normal and they were very challenging to keep hooped.

Dorothy
          Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Can you put new arms on the old hoop so it will fit the Amaya?

Juli in Kona
            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
            X