Operating System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operating System

Hello everyone, My Computer crashed! And I am looking at purchasing a MAC. Can someone please tell me if the mac will work with the amaya and of any problems. Please let me know before I purchase this computer.
    You Gotta Love It!<br /><a href=\"http://www.elegant-embroidery.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.elegant-embroidery.com</a>

Melco software is designed for Windows XP and Vista only. If the issue is the hard drive, they have come way down in price a lot over the past couple years.
    Dell has Optiplex 330 computers that start at $311 right now with Windows XP or Vista

Comment

I use MAC exclusively for all my design work...then bring the eps file into Design shop for digitizing. I can layout a design in 105 of the time it takes to start from scratch in designshop...unless I am 'scavenging' other digitized files to combine elements.
      Unfortunately Melco programs will not work on a mac.
      I've heard rumors that the new macs running windows have been tried...but never heard if they work. Someone in Canada a couple years ago claimed to be running his Amaya off a Mac with an emulator program but corporate spies kidnapped him or something...never heard from again!
      But I will tell you what others here have figured out...do NOT hook your PC running the amaya up to the internet! Use another computer for that...because it's all the other programs and garbage, viruses, bugs, etc. coming from the internet that will kill it. You have several thousand dollars tied up in Design Shop alone...so spend $599 and get a Dell for your paperwork, internet, emails, chat rooms, etc. and don't risk it. I don't even have a printer tied to my Amaya computer...it's the same computer since I bought the machine...over 3 years now...and not once-ever...has it gotten a virus or a bug or crashed.

Comment

hmmm, not sure where that 105 came from...what I thought I typed was 10%....must be brain cells dead.
        Sorry about that!
        Also, from what feedback I've seen here...VISTA has been the kiss of death for programs...maybe the latest DS and Amaya OS have fixed it, but everyone was reporting that they were removing Vista and putting in Windows (older versions) instead.
        The Mac/PC ads make fun of this...
        Roland

Comment

Working...
        X