quick Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick Question

i got a offer for an older melco machine that i cant pass up. But ive only ever used amaya's and im wondering if the dial system is hard to learn. Also do these machines have bobbin and thread break detection??.. i want to buy it but if the tensioning system is too hard to learn im not going to bother some input would be good.. thanks

I have had EMC & EMT machines before I bought my Amayas. They do not have bobbin detection but they do have top thread break detection. The bobbins run tighter and the top thread tension is really no big deal. I don't use my 4 head machines any more, but I do still use the single heads every now and again, even with 8 amayas.
    I have a couple of items that run easier on the old machines.
    Debbie

Comment

EMT'S and EMC's actually both have bobbin and thread sensors. The bobbin sensor on the EMC never seemed to work well and in my orpinion I would never get a EMC again, never really likes the machine but the EMT's are great machines, I have 4 of them still.

As far as the knob adjustments its not as hard as people think and actually you really dont have to play with adjustments too much.
      Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Melco - EMC 10/4T Embroidery Machine ITS A 1996 Are they reliable machines. my question is do they run off a computer like amaya's some more feedback would be good before i buy it

thanks

Comment

The EMC machines were discontinued in 1996 so it would be one of the last ones made. EMC machines can only be networked through a special network card and is only compatible with windows 95/98. The network card will not work with any newer operating system. The other option is to buy a disk drive for the EMC and save everything on diskette and walk the diskette to the machine and load it. EMC's are not networkable as you know it with Designshop and Windows XP/Vista.

Comment

Actually the network card does work with XP and it is still a function of Design Shop Version 7, using the ENS feature. The best thing to do would be to contact Melco about the card and any information about the machine. With the serial number they can pull maintenance records. Also remember that because of the age of the machine replacement parts might be really hard to get. This would be a question for Melco also.
            Debbie

Comment

Working...
            X