Hook mess up HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hook mess up HELP!

Here's a new one for me. I was working away, and part of the workpiece was sucked into the hook. Getting it out of the hook pulled on the small arm that holds the black coated piece in place, making it spin freely. I loosened the two hex nuts on the side and got it back in place, and how it sounds like a Harley instead of an electric car....very noisy. Stitch quality is fine, cuts fine, doesn't pop threads, just acts like the timing is off or something. Bottom center used to be 27.0 to 27.2 -- it's now 26.8 to 26.9. Should I call a tech?

Did you use the spacer to set the position of the "arm"? The spacer is that little "flag" shaped piece of metal that came with your machine.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I don't even know where to look for that in the book! The piece of metal I have; how to use it I have no clue!

Comment

the flag pole is the part that you fit just behind the little finger that fits into the slot in the black plastic. The black plastic part was the part that could spin free. Once you loosen the two screws on the the left side, slide the skinny part of the gapper just behind the finger, right into the slot. Then move the finger against the gapper and tighten the screws. That gives the proper gap behind the finger. That is where the, I think, the top thread goes in and therefore create a stitch.

There is a full explanation of this on the CD you got with your machine, but you can call tech help and they can email you the instructions.

Good luck,

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Gonna go and give it a try. If you don't hear from me again, you'll know it worked. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Comment

Working...
          X