very important question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very important question

if your machine breaks and the tech cant fix it after 12 hours.. what do u do?? i haven't been running my xt for a week. can i request a loaner its like 6 months old.

thanks

If the machine can't be repaired by a tech then I would be asking Melco for a replacement machine. Why cant the tech fix it? Is it a lack or knowledge or lack of parts?

Comment

i would say its lack of knowledge its taken him a week to fix it. i cant not have a machine for that long.

Comment

You need to make it Melco's problem as well. Contact them and ask what they think should be done to remedy the situation.

Comment

Loaner? I would tell them to bring you a new one & take that one away for good.

Comment

Exactly what is the problem with your machine ?

What reason[s] has the tech given for not being able to fix the macine ?

Bob

Comment

He said he has never seen a machine so messed up in his life. It has constant error messages now. The Z axis error. the machine thinks its disconnected from the cluster. The threads constantly break. it makes this awful noise. Its really messed up. A color sequence corrupt message comes up.

Comment

Looks like you should be talking directly to Melco and find out what they can do for you. Hopefully they will have a quick and permanent solution.

Losing a week is bad enough, you don't need anymore down time.

Good luck and let us know what Melco says.

Bob

Comment

thanks. I wanted to make sure i wasnt over reacting. im going to call melco

Comment

As techs and trainers for Melco--and we also own their equipment--we can tell you that Melco will bend over backwards to make sure your machine is working as it should if the machine has problems. We would not be affiliated with Melco if we didn't believe in them 110%. Call Melco and be sure you have ALL the information ready to give them--what error messages, etc. you are getting, what you are sewing, what settings are being used, etc. Give them a chance to get it fixed. It may be that a second tech needs to become involved. Sometimes four eyes are better than two. Melco will stand behind their machines. They want to know if there is a problem out in the field.
                    Sharon
                    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Customers also have the option of requesting another technician. Pending on the situation, there maybe additional travel charges.
                      Melco Certified Amaya Tech

Comment

I just did some training with a new owner of an XT. The first time she turned it on five of the needles shafts fell. Of course when I got there we called Melco and a tech was sent out the next day. It seems that the shipping company unpacked the machine in the deliver van and placed it in it's space. She saw no boxes so did not know if it had been dropped or damaged in freight. The machine itself has no marks on it so who would know. She didn't think anything of it. It is fixed now and seemed to be working ok when I left. She is going to keep track of any other issues and notify Melco right away just so they have a record.
                        Margaret
                        Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

DanielK - I don't know how much embroidery experience you have so I am talking blindly here, but I bought my 2 XTs back in 2005 and had never even seen an embroidery machine before in my life. I bought them based on the speed and the software vs. other brands.

I then suffered through a 6-12 month learning curve that was very difficult and at times I was convinced it was the machine. I was on the phone with Melco, folks from this board, and anyone that would listen bemoaning my choice of an AMAYA. I once begged them to buy them back from me at a discount just to make the pain stop.

Well it took visits from 2 techs, some retraining on my part and a lot of trial and error before I realized it was a lot of my doing.

Now, I don't know your particular situation and don't want to point any fingers especially if you are a lot more experience than I was, but if the tech can get the AMPASS to sew, then it's not the machine.

I would listen to Rod/Sharon and some of the more experienced folks on the board. First, let Melco know directly. Document the problem. If tech #1 can't fix it, then request another tech. Melco will be sure to remedy the situation and I know some Melco folks monitor this board.

I have found that even though its difficult and frustrating, the best solution is to calmly move up the chain at Melco and explain the situation. It will get fixed.

Just my experience.

Good luck

Tom
                          Tom Dauria<br />Mr. Sew & Sew

Comment

Daniel,

Hang in there, Melco has always dealt with my issues in a fair and timely manner. You may very well have a "lemon" but given the chance Melco will take care of it. I know it's not much consolation with a machine down but at least it's not your only one and you can still get some production done. Don't second guess your decision to purchase AMAYA's you made the right choice.

Steve I.
                            Trinity Embroidery
                            Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

thanks guys. They sent the tech out today again and apparently the board and one of the motors are finished. Keeping my fingers crossed,,

Comment

Working...
                              X