Wood Hoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Hoop

I'm trying, for the first time, to use my rectangular wood hoop that came with my Amaya XT. But I cannot for the life of me get it to clip in securly on the right side. The metal bracket on the right side of the hoop sticks out just a hair too long for the clip to clip in place past the end. The left side clips in great. Has anyone else experienced this or is mine just defective? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Natalie

Ha! and I thought it was only me having this problem!
    We set the hoop in both clips, then back off the left side a little, and push down on the right side and slide it forward until I hear it 'click'. Then push the left side in and that clips in fine every time. Even on our round hoops-the right side has to be pushed in ahead of the left, and 'down' a little to fit in.

Comment

I have the same problem with mine, Natalie. I just gave up on it.

Jo-Anne

Comment

Natalie,

Try this, loosen all four of the hoop arm attachment screws, place the hoop on the machine making sure that both sides snap in place and then tighten the screws back down. This will place this hoop, or any other hoop for that matter, in a proper "non-binding position and should let the hoops slide in and snap in place easier.

Rod springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I had this problem too and still do to an extent.

My tech showed me that I should loosen the hoop arms and then place a hoop in until in sits firmly. THEN tighten the hold down screws in the back. Since the wood hoop requires me to move the arms out, they are already loose at the time and when I move them back in for the plastic hoops I do the same exercise. Makes it a lot easier, but like Roland said, you have to get the right side in first most of the time. Not sure why, but I've become trained to do this. Suggest you try the loowening the bolts thing and see if that helps.
          Tom Dauria<br />Mr. Sew & Sew

Comment

OR get out the file and file the sucker down. Just a hair! And your problem is solved permanently. I have had to do that on a hoop or two. It works.

Juli in Kona
            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
            X