x axis error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x axis error message

The presser foot is stuck down as well as the needle is stuck down... to top it off it is inbetween two of the needles. This machine is killing me. It did this while it was attempting to make a color change... I have 900 items due in 3 days...

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I have had this happen before also. Twice while running some hats. ALl of suddend needle plunged down and error came up x-axis error. I do not know what caused this though. What I did was, note the stitch you are on, write it down. Then I turned the machine off. I loosened the needle that is stuck down just in case the machine pulled when restarting. Then I turned the machine back on. The machine rebooted. I reloaded the design, and skipped to the stitch I was on. Hit the start button and everything worked fine ever since. Not sure if this helps or not, but its was worked for me.

Jason

Comment

Ours did it a couple of times...problem turned out to be lack of oil on adjoining needle bars-running the threads on side by side needles evaporated the oil in the 'felt' pads behind the threads-open up the magnetic panel, put 3-4 drops on top of each needle bar, 2 drops on the bottom and that will reload the felts. When the bars run out of oil they will seize right up. Since then-we never put a new cone of thread in the same place (white, black, red, etc.) we move them 3 or 4 needles to rotate the wear and tear on that needle-and also, when running 20-30,000 stitch designs with only a couple of colors-have the cones spaced out so you dont' have needles side by side running continuously. That cuts down the overheating. And it doesn't hurt to stop every couple hours and add another drop of oil top and bottom of those needle bars and the ones on either side.

Comment

I wouldn't ignore the lack of oil advice but the needle bar being down in between positions sounds like something else. When I get odd problems I turn off the machines and turn on the force download in the OS, restart and the problems usually go away. If the force download has been off for an extended period I find I start to have some strange problems so I boot the machines with the force download on to reinstall all the files they need to run correctly and they work great.

You should always check for updates to the software and use the latest version. Melco is continually improving and adding new features to the software to make it more functional and user friendly.

Steve I.
        Trinity Embroidery
        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

I should have clarified what happened...our needle bar came down and froze up...nothing could move it. Dick (we'll miss you!) Beauregard helped me over the phone, describe the problem, etc. and walked me through how to reach up underneath (with the machine UNPLUGGED and rotate the shaft for the needle head by hand-until it raised up and out of the way. Then he told me how and where to put additional oil.
          Since then, we can 'hear' the needle rods when they start crying for more oil-if we have ignored it or are running all day with the same needles-and immediately pause and add the extra oil.
          My suspicions are that this original 'freeze up' conributed to a fractured 'cam follower' a year later-a casting behind the needle rods broke into pieces-probably (my thoughts) stressed by the needle bar freezing up and the cam still trying to turn...eventually it just broke right off.

Comment

You guys are going to love this... Herb put me on the right track then got a z time out error. called tech support today.

First they had me hit the e stop. Then manually rotate the shaft so that i could get it get it back to where it works, what a pain. Then i had to move it off track because of the z tracking error and manually rotate it to 27.0 to show it a true head up. The amaya was showing my true head up at 326. Once i moved it to 27 I just hit the maintence color change and it worked....

Now im back to work. Thanks for everyones help.

Darke

Comment

Working...
            X