This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bobbin

I have had my Amaya for almost 2 years and have had more trouble out of it than the BAS 416 I have had for 5 years. Recently everything I try to embroidery I constantly get machine stoped for bobbin brake. However nothing is wrong. I have tried everything including turning off the bobbin sensor. That does not work. I am about ready to sell the Amaya and get another brother. Can anyone help.

Ok, it's dumb question time on my part

1) Did you try changing bobbin cases?
    2) Loostening and tightening the bobbin case?
    3) Cleaning out the hook area and of course regularly lubricating the rotary hook?
    4) When did you last change your needles
    5) When did you last change your thread feed and pinch rollers?

What version of the OS are you using?

When was the last service you had on your machine?

Have you contacted Melco about the issue and tried their suggestions?

OK, I think that's enough questions for now [img]smile.gif[/img]
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Not a tech, and not that experienced an embroiderer...but had ours for 1 2/1 years...
      here's what we found out when we ran into it (and we ran through John's list)
      needle burs...first and most common cause
      needle not slightly turned in holder (straight forward or wrong angle turn)
      bobbin case dirty-under the tension bar, INSIDE the thread path area, etc., wrong tension
      cheap bobbin thread! We tried the 'generic' thread from Melco-more problems than the regular
      needles not lined up 'dead center' on the needle plate, OR (my wife does this all the time) the needle plate is NOT centered on the needle when looking 'straight at it'. She always sits to one side-threads start breaking, I can reach underneath and feel that needle plate off just a hair....from the side it looks perfect, from straight on it isn't.
      Rotary hook-tech came up for service, showed me a nick in it-and I polished it out-he was amazed...but 25 years as a silversmith I learned how to do a mirror polish.
      There are so many 'variables' that even a couple things listed above being 'just a hair off' add up to bobbin breaks, or the bobbin thread is just loose enough or tight enough the sensor says it is broken.
      And the last and final trick- the silver 'pipe' under the thread bars...where the thread goes up and down and around? Take all the thread off and carefully clean it, then ROTATE IT half a turn.
      Tech taught us that-no idea why, but it works! The sensor IS that bar!

Comment

Originally posted by levelbest:
        Ok, it's dumb question time on my part

1) Did you try changing bobbin cases?
        2) Loostening and tightening the bobbin case?
        3) Cleaning out the hook area and of course regularly lubricating the rotary hook?
        4) When did you last change your needles
        5) When did you last change your thread feed and pinch rollers?

What version of the OS are you using?

When was the last service you had on your machine?

Have you contacted Melco about the issue and tried their suggestions?

OK, I think that's enough questions for now [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The bobbin never breaks. I get the error msg on the screen but the bobbin is good. I have changed the bobbin case, changed the thread, needle, lubed the rotory hook every time I am instructed to do so, cleaned all around the bobbin area. Have not changed the thread feed and pinch rollers as I work from home the machine is not used, yet, to its fullest potential if I keep it. The machine has been serviced three times in the year and a half I have had it due to all the problems I am having. Our OS is the 2006 version. I am going to the ISS show this weekend in Atlanta and I hope to get some kind of answer from Amaya as they are going to be there.

Comment

We didn't realize it until the tech came up for the warranty check up when we bought the extended warranty-did a total overhaul-that our 'cables' were slack, minor things out of adjustment from top to bottom, etc.....had never had a tech come up in the 2 years we had problems. (Except for Dick Beauregard came down shortly after we got it-carriage hit a counter and needle case jumped) but no one ever came around yet we complained loud and mightily! Didn't even know and never got told by Melco there was a full service tech an hour away! He found SO MANY problems he was here for 8 hours finetuning it...and FINALLY it runs like it was promised!
            One way or another-get a service tech there! Except for the slack cable, no one problem was 'that bad'...but when he added up all of them-the bad effects were multiplied and caused other things. Just the slack cables caused the hoop and carriage to move during sewing-thread and needle breaks, false bobbin reports, etc.

Comment

Just as info, when Amayas first came out, the belts were tensioned to a lesser degree than they are now. If your machine is one of the older Amayas, the belts were not set as tightly as we set them now. Over the past 3 years several adjustments have been changed and we fine tune the machines a bit differently---just like we add more oil now than we did at first.
              Sharon
              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
              X