Horrible noises! Argghhh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible noises! Argghhh!

had our big red totally serviced only a couple weeks ago, and pointed out an audible 'errr errrr errrr' sound from behind
    the needle head. Tech said it was normal...today, we're running fleece hats-have only done about 30 items since overhaul...and in the middle of one hat-that 'errr' suddenly became 'ERRRR ERRRR ERRRR' very metallic-I hit E stop, slowed it down from 1200 to 700 to try and finish the hat-started it up, and no noise at that speed. Window came up-rotary hook maintenance so Sue did that as soon as the hat was done.
    Ran a test, started it at 700 and brought it up to 1300 and no noise. I did check the bobbin area-and I can put my finger on the
    bobbin 'shaft' and get movement and slight 'clunkclunk'.
    Is there a bearing going in behind there-that oiling is keeping under control that should be replaced? hate to call Brian back up here if just more frequent hook oiling will take care of.
    Also, is there a way to reset the 'timer' for rotary hook maintenance so we have to do it more often? If that's the problem then it's the hot air heater drying it out.

Roland - I don't know of any way to reset the timer for maintenance, but since I don't use my XTs every day, I've taken to oiling the rotary hook each time I start the machine up for use. My wife says they taught her that in training and the techs that have come to service my machines agree with that logic. That sometimes means oiling it every 50-75K stitches, but I think it must dry out over time. I have forced hot air in my house and I think that could help speed up the drying.
    Tom Dauria<br />Mr. Sew & Sew

Comment

That's what we'll start doing...but I was hoping the timer could be reset to 'remind' us with less stitch count.
      It really sounded BAD...

Roland

Comment

Roland,
        the rotary hook will talk to you (or scream at you) when it needs oil. Although you want to oil it before it starts making noise. If you look at the bottom of the Maintenance Timers window, there's a rotary hook type setting. Be sure this is always set to "uncoated". This will prompt you to oil every 200,000 stitches as opposed to the 600,000 for a coated hook.
        Even without the timers, you should oil your hook every 3-4 operating hours. With this frequency, you should be fine.
        Ed Orantes
        -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Is it a scream or more of a loud errrrr errrr errrrr?
          And with just my finger tip-should that shaft in the middle of the
          bobbin end move around enough to make a slight 'thunka thunka'?

Comment

Hey Roland,
            You can change your rotary hook settings by changing your needle type.From coated to uncoated.

Curtis

Comment

Well I guess it would help if I read all of the previous posts.Sorry Ed.

Curtis

Comment

Working...
              X