Thread break after every trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread break after every trim

Please bear with me, I'm a newbie. I have the XT and it's been working fine until today. I am sewing out a design that I have done dozens of times but today, it seems after every trim I'm getting a thread break. I have gotten through a few designs and noticed the bobbin isn't being cut at the end. I don't think the bobbin is being cut when a trim occurs either. This is probably the issue but I have no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?

Every now and then Ol' Smokey has to show you you are not in charge......

Try the old standby fix...turn everything off and then everything on. 90% of the time the problem disappears.........

Comment

Are you sure it is a thread break, or is it a failure to tie in/pull out?
      Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

It could be that it's not tying in but I don't know why it just stopped working. I've stitched this design out many times before without a problem.

Comment

Look at the back side. Do you see evidence of the bobbin not being timmed? Are you sewing on the same fabric as the past times?
          Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

OK. I think I know what the problem is but I don't know how to fix it. The bobbin thread is being cut too short. It's not allowing the bobbin thread to pick up the top thread. If I "reset" the bobbin and lengthen the thread I can get it work fine until the next trim. Unfortunately whoever digitized this design put a lot of trims in it so it's very frustrating.

Comment

This may or may not work... I had a similar situation with a design that I've used numerous times and then one morning, same scenario you described. I rebooted my system and it cleared everything up. It also helps if I shut down my internet access while my machines are running.

Comment

I don't know what version of OS you have but they have recently put in a function in the maint. menu. Go to Maint/steppers at the bottom there is a new button that says detect trimmer. Select that once or twice and it cycles the trimmer. Usually your problems will clear up. Make sure your bobbin is not too loose or tight.

Steve
                Trinity Embroidery
                Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

im having the same problem and i tried all that and its still not going away.

Comment

Sometimes, all you can do is turn EVERYTHING off, get a drink of water, then turn everything back on. Oil the rotary hook, brush out the trimmer area, and be certain your cardboard sided bobbin isn't bent or bruised in on the edges.

Occasionally when I have this problem, it is self induced -- I haven't hooped tight enough.

HTH,
                    Judy

Comment

your knives might be out of wack. i had the same problem a pull out after every trim. the tech came recalibrate the knives and it was alright.

Comment

Working...
                      X