Maintenance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance question

Hi, Everyone, need some advice. I have two Amayas, 2005 vintage. The last service call I had was full of complements on how clean my machines were but not to oil them too much. Our humidity here averages 9%. One Amaya is set up for caps with the WACF, the other for flats. My shop is small and business is light. Usually, I run a dozen caps and 2 or 3 flats or three dox flats and 6 caps. My question is, how often should I do the whole maintenance schedule? I love taking things apart and lubricating all the parts but guess I do this too often.
    JO
    Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

We were told to always follow the recommended (pop up window) maintainence-but then to 'customize that as needed.
    Our Amaya sits under a Modine heater (ceiling mounted blower) and we had a lot of problems with the needle shafts running out of oil, and not just before Melco increased that oil 'hole' from 10 to 20 drops. Now we automatically add 10 drops if it has not been used in a couple of days, and also if it runs non stop for a day or more, we 'touch it up' a few drops when we 'hear' more noise from the needle head.
    Bobbin area gets cleaned everytime we change a bobbin,and then also some materials or hat types will also fill it up with dustballs or pieces of paper, lint, etc. and it gets cleaned almost every other piece if needed.
    If we are running several needles for high stitch count and the needles are side by side, then we also reach through the slots in the front and hit each shaft with 2-3 drops of oil-because the constant heat generated by side by side needle bars drys out the oil wick there and it won't replenish fast enough.

Comment

Working...
    X