Safety Grabber hitting something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety Grabber hitting something

Each time the safety grabber bar moves back to tuck the thread tails up behind it, it hits something and makes a terrible 'metal hitting metal' noise.
    Ideas? Easy to fix?

Thanks.
    Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

It could be scraping the top of the "arm". Check to see if the paint has come off on one or both sides. If so, you can adjust them with A LITTLE pressure of your own to bring them down. I really did not want to do this with my machine, but if you are careful and gentle, just 1/16 of an inch really makes a difference.
    Barbara Ott
    Digital Stitchz / LaserWorkz<br />905 Texas Street<br />Fairfield, CA 94533<br />707-426-9963<br /><br />Embroidery, Screenpriinting, laser engraving and banners<br /><br />We keep you in STITCHZ, make your life colorful & your business more visible.

Comment

I had this problem, and I still dont know what caused it, but be very careful. In my case, I discovered that the bar was not clearing the side arms the hard way. I was tracing a design, and when the machine went quickly to the side it actually caught on the clip and then tried to continue and the bar bent, needles dropped, all kinds of mess. The technician decided that the only way this could happen is if I didnt have the hoop snapped all the way in. I really am sure I did but that is what he said so $700 in repairs were not covered by warranty. Since that occured, the bar has scraped the arm like you described even though the hoop is in correctly. I just gently pull down on the arms until I am not getting the scraping, and I am very careful when tracing.

Comment

Working...
      X