Thead tension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thead tension.

I was trying to do a design and had a lot of white bobbin thread showing on the top. Tightened the bobbin tension. That problem went away but I had a lot of thread breaks. After changing the needles, using different threads, adjusting pressure foot, changing to a different bobbin, I did the I test with all of the stripes. In looking at the back of the test I am finding a pattern of small triangles on all needles. Starts with about five stitches in solid color then a white stitch that gradually changes to shorter stitches till it comes to a point, a full color stitch and then the triangles. All the time actifeed was on. This is happening on the XT and not the Amaya. I have just installed the newest version of DS and OS. Any suggestions at to what is happening?
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Margaret,
    Change your bobbin spool or bobbin case or both. Sounds like your bobbin tension is not consistent. I'll bet you're using those good ole fashion cardboard sided bobbins. On average, 5 percent of the box of cardboard sided bobbins can give you problems. Don't always expect 100% of the box to be usable. In training we discuss this and why.
    Also, make sure the bobbin thread is inserted into the bobbin case the correct way. The bobbin thread should come off the bobbin spool in a clockwise direction when inserting the spool into the back of the bobbin case.

Good Luck,
    Ed Orantes
    Melco Tech & Trainer
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
    X