Thread comes from Under Roller!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread comes from Under Roller!

My thread keeps coming from under the roller and then a thread break. happens on 2 colors only. I lift up the roller, place thread back in little groove , press lever back down and it sew for about 20 seconds then same thing all over again. I cleaned the roller and no change. Help please.

I have the same thing happen to my machine three times and I am guessing the bobbin is not tieing off under the design and you can pull the top thread right back out. I have spoken to Melco about this issue and they dont seem to know what the problem is.

current theory:

1) board is overheating and machine needs to be shut down and allowed to cool

2) static on the board. machine needs to be shut down and allowed to cool

ok, the interesting thing to this is it kinda makes sense. The reason being is that to fix my machine each time, I had to shut the machine down and the computer, leave them overnight, then the next day everything was fine again.

If you are in the middle of a design and need the machine to start right back where it is now, be sure to go into your OS software>Tools>options>ethernet and uncheck "force download". If you dont do this, the machine will reset the design when you start it up again.

I wish I had an answer for you but the above has worked for me. Shut it down, let it cool for awhile, then restart everything.

Also, just curious... what needle is it happening on?
    Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

Im not sure we are having the same issue. i believe im speaking of my thread roller feeders. the thread keeps popping over to the side. then i get a thread break. cleaning hasnt helped.

Comment

if the thread is coming out and everything is ok, then we might not be having the same issue.

couple of ideas to check.

are the feed rollers worn or dirty?

its possible the thread feed is off and pushing to much or not enough.
        Go to: Maintainence&gt;Steppers
        look for thread feed. Test the thread feed to be sure its pushing 200mm forward and back.
        Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

When you cleaned the roller, did you re-grease the red roller? This always has taken care of the problem for me.
          Derise<br />Irish Embroidery<br />Embroidery supplies<br /><a href=\"http://www.irishembroidery.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.irishembroidery.com</a>

Comment

Earls Embroidery,
            Reflect back on what was discussed in training about keeping up with your thread feed rollers. After cleaning you must check to see if they need lubrication. Otherwise the yellow rollers are turning and the red rollers are not turning smoothly, hence the thread in the middle doesn't know what to do so it works it's way off to one side or another.

Ed Orantes
            Melco Tech & Trainer
            -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

thanks,
              i changed the roller and greased it. that seemed to have done the trick!
              thanks everyone.

Comment

One last thought, Are you near the end of a spool of thread? This will happen to me sometimes near the end when the thread has a natural curl to it. I will replace the thread under the red roller and in the groove and after about 20 stitches bam....it slips out again. I have found it better to just thow out the remaining thread than to deal with all the other problems...

Comment

Working...
                X