Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything bad about the Amaya XT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything bad about the Amaya XT?

Yes I'm new to embroidery business and have looked at all the top brands. About to take the plunge and buy Amaya. I have heard alot about how good the Amaya XT is but would like to know how good is the customer service, software, schools, & durability. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Melco's dedication to customer service is absolutely wonderful. There are techs out there who are better than the best. The call center has bailed me out more times than I care to admit, and Ol' Smokey here (also known as Hal when he's having a bad day) is one hard workin' dude. (Generally, when he's Hal, it is because of something I have done......!!)

And this list? OH the help you will get here!

For my money, the Amaya is absolutely the way to go.

Judy,
    Smokey's keeper

Comment

I am also new (purchased the Amaya XT in Jul 2007). The machine, the company, customer service, training...everything has been been top notch. Ordering supplies form MelcoMart has been awesome too (order on Monday, receive on Thursday). No complaints...this machine is awesome.

Linus

Comment

Judy,
        Thank you for your response, I am looking forward to getting started. Hopefully I can be up and running by 2008. Are you running DSpro+? If so what do you think of it? And how hard is it to learn?
        Thanks again,
        Marilyn

Comment

I think you will find that most in this group are happy with their Amaya and the service they receive [but of course, nothing is 100%].

Customer service .... most will be completely satisfied with the Melco service.

Software .... DesignShop is good software but you are not limited only to DesignShop. As with any other embroidery machine, you are free to use any digitizing, lettering, editing software you like.

Schools .... Melco and most other machine sellers offer training. In most cases, these classes will benefit the newcomer .... how much will depend on the individual doing the training and the person taking that training. Do not expect to attend a 1 or 2 day class and learn all you need to know about the machine and embroidery.

Durability .... because of its complexity and use of plastic, I personally do not think the Amaya is as durable as the older Melco machines [but others may disagree].

Bob

Comment

Hi Marilyn. I do have DS Pro +. It is an awsome program.

For me it wasn't too bad. I have a major advantage -- I'm not intimiated by it.

I used to do training on the computer system for the place where I worked. I was hired because I had some computer experience. I was trying to train ladies who were older than my mother, and who didn't understand why carbon paper, index cards and typewriters were no longer good enough.

They were resistant and intimidated, therefore they didn't learn it well at all. It took a LONG time.

BUT, if you enjoy it, like a little mental stimulation and learning new things, you'll enjoy it and the learning process will go SO fast. The important thing to remember is -- the program was not written in a day, and you won't learn it in one, either. Give yourself an uninterrupted hour a day to learn one or two new things. Review them the next day and add to them. You'll have it down cold in no time.

Judy

Comment

I purchased an XT about 7 months ago and I love it. It has been easier to learn to use succesfully (with training and the help of this users group!). My only issue is that the nearest tech is 6 hours away, and although the support over the phone is great, there is nothing like having someone come and look at the problem. Even warrenty work will cost you the travel expenses for the tech. You may want to find out exactly where the nearest tech is. I was told "the are everywhere." I didnt press for exactly where. I am not sure other systems are better, but at least you'll know what you are getting into. Overall, though the machine is great!

Comment

Marilyn,

I am glad to see you found the AmayaUser group. I meant to give u this link also. Let me know if I can help any in the future.
                Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

Working...
                X