Thread is shredding! Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread is shredding! Please Help!

The thread on my machine is shredding! And it causes not only the thread to break itself but causes the bobbin thread to birdnest then break. I am really new to this and had NO training. I was wondering if I might have caused this when i was trying to figure out how to sew caps and broke a couple needles. Could I have scratched or nicked something causing a sharp edge the thread might be being rubbed on? If so what can I do to fix this. Please anyone who can help me call my shop tommarow between 10am-5pm (mountain standard time) Thanks, jennifer 541-212-1303
    Jennifer

Jennifer,
    You may have answered your own question. If you have scratched the rotary hook, it would cause shredding. Or if the retaining support finger is gouged or nicked leaving a burr, it could also cause the shredding.

If you were not having these problems before but are having them now, then this is a good possibility. There are many other things that could also cause shredding, but in your case, finding that nick,scratch or burr is probably the key....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Boise, IDaho
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

My first thought...she says she's a newbie, broke a few needles doing caps...yup, we've all done that...I'd suggest checking to see if the needles are in backwards when she replaced them!
      Yup, of COURSE we've all done that! LOL...and getting the 'angle' correct. Check the needles, then if that doesn't fix it-have to start looking for damage (scrape, burr, scratch) caused by the broken needles. Did you find ALL the pieces of broken needles, and clean out the rotary hook/bobbin area real good-take the needle plate off, etc.? Doesn't take much to get a thread to go nuts.

Comment

Thanks for the help, but what exactly is the rotary hook and how do I check to see if it's scratched?
        P.S If the Tech from Boise, Idaho would call me I have somethings I would like to talk with you about. 541-212-1303

Jennifer
        Jennifer

Comment

Working...
        X