Help Thread Breaks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Thread Breaks!

I am new to embroidery and can't figure out why my thread keeps breaking.Earlier I was having no problems then all of the sudden my thread breaks then the bobbin then the tread and so on. If its not one its the other. Can someone help?
    Jennifer

First, double check your presser foot height (behind the needle plate). Check the auto actifeed; it the lower limit is placed too low for your garment type, a drop to a low number will break the thread (a lower limit for polos might be a 3, a lined jacket 8 or 10). As for the bobbin, check the thread path, has a piece of lint lodged itself in the holder (use a business card to run through the thread path, blow it out); this can also cause the upper thread to break. Check the bobbin itself, sometimes bobbins get wound with the thread getting the the trench so to speak or if it has sides, the sides might be cut just a tad big not allowing the bobbin to spin.

Other will chime in as well with more ideas but this is where I'd start. Good Luck!

Dorothy Compton, Owner
    Bee Embroidered
    www.BeeEmbroidered.com
    (916) 635-7467
    Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Jennifer

It may help if you provided more information.

Are the thread breaks happening on only one needle or all needles ?

Do these thread breaks happen when stitching all designs or just a few specific designs ?

Do the thread breaks only happen with specific stitch type [for example column stitches in small lettering] ?

Do the thread breaks happen when stitching some items/materials and not others ?

Which Amaya are you using [big red or XT] ?

Lot of good people here to help you with your problem .... giving them more info will help them narrow the problem down.

Bob

Comment

I have the Amaya Big Red. I got it up sewing again. It still breaks every now and then. I am new to this all so I think I'll figure it out.
        THANKS FOR THE HELP!
        Jennifer

Comment

Working...
        X