any techs tuned in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any techs tuned in?

My new XT is making an occasional clicking sound when it moves from one needle to another. It may only do this once during a design but if it goes from needle 1 to needle 16, it will click on each and every needle as if something behind the needle case (maybe the white wheel with teeth is hitting others as it moves on down the line). Strange thing is it DOESN'T do this every time it changes needles, maybe just once in the stitch. Someone mentioned last week that it is probably a bent presser foot, but if this was the case in my situation, wouldn't it hit every time the needle case moves? It sounds like it's higher up anyway. It did this last night as well and I'm a bit afraid something is gonna break when it does this. Any techs out there know of an adjustment that might get this aligned again? THANKS!! Debbie in Indiana
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Debbie,
    This would be a very involved adjustment that a tech should look at. Your machine should not be making the clicking sound and if it is coming from the white wheel teeth, given the nature of that area, you would want it adjusted correctly since if this gets worse, you might be down on all needles until repaired. And don't forget Christmas is comming.
    Give Melco's service department a call on this one or if out of warranty, call your nearest tech.

Ed Orantes
    Embroidery, Tech & Trainer
    "Over 2000 customers served"
    504-258-6260
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

...And don't forget Christmas is comming.
      ---------------------
      Spell Check must not be turned on this morning.
      "coming" is only with one "M".

Thank you "Russsell"

Ed
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

THANKS Ed!!!!! Yours was the first response I'be had to my post, so I really-really appreciate it!! It still makes the snapping sound but just occasionally (not in every design or just once in a design. But, like I said, if it is happening and is changing from needle 1 to needle 16, it will click on all 16. Last night it occured but was a very light-soft click. Most times it's' so loud you're sure something is gonna break. Like you said "Christmas is comming" I will call Denver today! If JEff is tuned in maybe he can tell me if this can be done over the phone. THANKS AGAIN Debbie in INdiana

Comment

Debbie,
          Believe me, if this was something you could fix hands down over the phone, I would have offered it. One must consider possible causes...
          Thread tangled,
          mechanical alignment issues,
          broken part,
          circuit board position,
          lubrication problem,
          sensor obstruction or malfunction,
          etc...

Everytime you hear the clicking sound, you are possibly one step closer to a broken part which will render you not able to sew. If you hear the clicking sound, stop the machine from color changing immediately.

Ed

Comment

THANKS Ed!! You have very likely saved me from potential disaster!! I'll call this morning! Debbie

Comment

Ed is right, stop the machine from color changing immediately.

Sounded like an echo, eh, ED?

To hear a very light "clicking sound is normal. It is merely a roller bearing rolling across the little red button unlocks for the individual thread feed rollers. To hear a very loud "click/snapping" sound is a whole different story.

To continue to allow it to snap will result in a fractured threadfeed drive gear and/or fractured threadfeed roller gears..

Rod Springer
              Amaya Tech & Trainer
              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Deb, have a good look at your thread feed gear assembly. I went through "3" of them before I had some one who figured out the optical sensor was not aligned right. The clicking is the white wheels hitting each other as they do the color changes, if they hit hard enough the wheels will break off their hub. Terry

Comment

Working...
                X