grabber bar hitting clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grabber bar hitting clamps

I have a new XT- 5 months old. Two mos ago I had a major train wreck with this machine. I was tracing out a design before starting and the grabber bar caught on the side clamp. It was going very fast, and although I was right there watching, by the time I hit the emergency stop the bar was bent hugely, needles dropped, train wreck. A tech came out and replaced the bar and reconnected everything and it seemed to be resolved. He concluded that the only way this could have happened was that the clamp was not down all the way, may have been caught on fabric and was stickng up higher than the bar. I didnt think that was the case, but it is possible so I paid the $685 for the service call as a non-warranty repair. Recently, I moved the bar back tuck in my threads before sewing and I heard a scraping noise. The bar was hitting the clamp on the same side where I had the problem before. I checked and the clamp was properly seated, nothing caught, I looked and looked and could fiind nothoing out of place and yet the grabber bar was scraping the clamp. I removed my hoop, it still was hitting. I moved things to the other side- not hitting, back to the first side, hitting. I could find nothing that appeared out of place. The clamp bracket was tight. I turned everything off and rebooted. When it powered up, everything was fine, and the bar was not hitting. Has this happened to any of you? I have snce sewed several big items without problems.

Is your hoop side 'clamp' bar too high, bent up out of position?
    We've run into problems with heavy jackets and totes pulling the side clamps 'down' so the underside of the hoop runs into the needle plate, causing everything to jump and shift...and a couple times we've accidently caught on the bar or the hooped item and bent it 'up', but we always double check now that everything looks right-and every time we do a setup, run a 'trace' without a hoop in at all-to make sure nothing will hit. After forgetting to change 'hoop selection' a couple times it was smarter to trace with nothing on the machine to make SURE we had selected it.

Comment

As far as I can see, nothing appears to be bent. I have not done any really heavy jackets. Plus rebooting seemed to "fix" the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X