NEED HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP!!

I was hoping to get a response to last night's post from a tech lurking on the group but no such luck!! I just hooked up my new XT and it keeps trying to sew the same 4 letter name after it has already finished. When it's done with the name, instead of stopping it beeps three times, jumps to the bottom of the hoop and starts sewing it all over again. I uninstalled the software, reinstalled and tried again, but to no avail...still wants to keep sewing the same name over and over again. I thought tech support in Denver would be open till 5pm, so I fixed supper, but guess what...they close at 4:3pm...eeeek!!! Any tech's out there tonight??? Debbie in Indiana
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

What software was the lettering created in? Do other designs sew ok?
    Marilou

Comment

I've had Generations for about 5 years now and it worked great for the past two years with "old Red". I tried another small name which did the same thing. I suppose I could try some of the sample designs that came with the OS. I know other people like Juli from Kona who use gen files with their machine, tho. Tomorrow, however!!!! THANKS!!!
      Debbie Rinehart

Comment

Ok, dumb question. Do you have force download checked in the OS? Wondering if something got buggered up in the motherboard.

Anyway, that is an odd issue. What version of the software and OS are you running?
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
        Hilton Head Island, SC
        http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I had a similiar problem with Generations. Mine will finish a design, go back to the beginning but sew the second color over the first. It did not jump around the hoop. It just started over. I never let it finish the second time so I don't know what would happen after that.
          Marilou

Comment

This may sound like a dumb question, but by chance did you click Applique in your OS when selecting needles? I think that might cause it to start over. Can't remember for sure and don't have OS or DS running right now.

Comment

Well, believe it or not, all is well in Indiana today. I got up this morning, fired up the new XT and it ran perfectly on three different designs; one saved in DST, one in EXP and one in OFM and they all ran without a problem!! Hopefully it won't show back up sometime later. Thanks to everyone for your help and advice. It's so comforting knowing you all are out there and can be reached in a moments notice!! Hope I can return the favor someday!! Debbie in Indiana

Comment

Hi Debbie,

This issue may be design specific. The fact you sewed other designs and they worked ok indicates this. If you load back in that 4 letter design you were using and it does the same thing, then it has to do with something that is specific to that particular design. I would be very interested in getting a copy of that design for testing here at Melco.

Jeff Banks
                Melco Embroidery Systems

Comment

Hi Jeff,
                  I'll see if the name designs that messed up last night do the same today. AFter stitching the three new designs this morning and things working fine, I shut it down to go to a Chamber of Commerce meeting. So, now I plan to go down, fire the new gal up again and see which way she goes. Hopefully it has gotten aligned and is on the right track now!! Thanks for your concern...I'll jump back on here if she messes up again. Debbie in Indiana

Comment

Well...the saga continues!! It's back to it's old tricks. I loaded a Dakota design that I've done a number of times (eagle head with a flag in it's beak). It was about 35,000 stitches and it was stitched on the back yoke of a black twill. When it finished it started back up again, but not on color #1. The next project was a denim shirt with a logo that consisted of 4 satin letters about 1 1/2 inch in size. It was digitized in Generations and stopped after it was done stitching...no restart!!! My sister-in-law brought up the fact that I have a laptop hooked up to the XT instead of a desktop...but, I had the laptop hooked up to old red for 2 years, so how could that be? Debbie in Indiana

Comment

When you installed your new software (each time) did you perform a "clean" install? REmove the version via Control Panel, then install. Are you familiar with registry editing? Have you removed all traces of Melco in the registry, then installed the new software??
                      Will be working on my XT for a couple more hours, if you want to call give me a private message.
                      Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Debbie,

I'm not sure what the file names are but a tech would know right away. If
                        you manually delete these two or three files and reboot, the OS and DS can
                        start off with nothing previously saved in the cache memory. Worth a try.

GF

Comment

Working...
                        X