Stopped now won't re-start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped now won't re-start

Pressed the 'stop' button, now machine will not re-start. Ideas?
    Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Yep. Take note of the stitch count where the machine stopped. Reload the design. Center the hoop. Move the machine back to that stitch count and hit the green button.

If that doesn't work. Turn off the machine, turn off OS and restart everything. That should solve it.

Comment

If you hit the 'red stop' button, not the emergency button...you just need to push the 'green' button. First look at the monitor and see if you have a 'window' open asking for something? This overrides any commands from the keyboard.
      If you hit the 'emergency' stop button-you have to turn it slightly to get it to pop up again, then hit the green button.
      It doesn't reset itself-you have to manually turn it.
      Many times you can accidently hit the big red button and not know it.

Comment

It was the red stop button (not emergency stop); the green start button will not get the machine going again.
        If I reset design, I'll have a hard time re-aligning it; I moved the design's position in the hoop before beginning to stitch...
        Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Comment

Did you press and hold the red button...this will put the machine to sleep. Press and hold the green button to wake it up. Then press the green button to get it going again. I hope this works for you.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
          Bee Embroidered
          www.BeeEmbroidered.com
          (916) 635-7467
          Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Originally posted by Pure Embroidery:
            Yep. Take note of the stitch count where the machine stopped. Reload the design. Center the hoop. Move the machine back to that stitch count and hit the green button.

If that doesn't work. Turn off the machine, turn off OS and restart everything. That should solve it.
            That's about all you can do - if it's stuck, it's stuck and a reset may be the only thing to cure it. If you have the screen still up, like Pure Emb said, make note of where your machine is.
            John Yaglenski
            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
            Hilton Head Island, SC
            http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Called Tech Help. He had me hold the green start button for 5 seconds. Message flashed on screen that 'machine failed to synchronize start'. From there, he had me press the emergency stop button and then the green start button again. Machine got going. I'd already tried this, but probably didn't hold for the full 5 seconds.
              He said he has a question in to engineering already about this problem.
              Thanks for all the suggestions though!

Comment

thanks for posting the tech solution-it helps with anyone else that has the same problem to know one 'fix-it'.

Comment

Janet,
                  You need to familiarize yourself with the feature called "Move to last origin" in Amaya OS.
                  You access this feature by clicking on "Tools" and then scrolling down to Move To Last Origin".
                  After resetting the design, had you moved the hoop in any direction prior to starting, this will move your hoop to the exact place where you started from. Remember that everytime you press the start button at the beginning of a design, a new "Point of Origin" will be logged for this "Move to last origin" feature.

Ed
                  -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
                  X