Z axis time out error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z axis time out error

my machine is showing the "z axis time out error and the needle it was last on and the pressure foot are not lined up any more is ther anyone that can help me please.

Hi Jos:

Did a search of the boards and came up with this for you...

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi...topic/1/7.html
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

it seems that my pressure foot is out. it is in the middle of needle 11 and needle 12

Comment

Hi there,

I've had this happen to me a few times. The first time, I called Melco Support, the tech walked me through a few things that did not work and then he had to email me a new file because some settings file had gotten corrupted.

Since then, I've had the problem again, but have been able to fix it using the steps suggested by the tech which have worked every time. So, here's what I do. Hope it helps you.

On the OS, go to Maintenance and then Steppers. On the Color Change column, click on HOME. This should get your machine to move to needle 1. If this works, click on the Needle+ button to step through all the needles making sure it does so properly. If it does, you're good to go.

If it doesn't work, I would turn off the machine, the OS. Launch the OS, turn on the machine and see what happens. If it is still in the middle of the 2 needles, try the steps above again. Like I said, it's worked for me every time except the very first time when I had a corrupted file.

By the way, this problem usually happens to me when I accidentally turn on the machine before launching the OS OR when I shut down the OS before shutting down the machine. So, I make a "NOTE TO SELF" to always turn on/off the machine & OS in the right order. Turn on OS, then machie. Turn off machine, then OS.

Hope this helps!

-Loyda
        Loyda Olson<br /><a href=\"http://www.PreciousKeepsakesStore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PreciousKeepsakesStore.com</a>

Comment

ive tried stepping threw the things that were suggested to is there a tech out there that could call me 707-490-8431

Comment

This happened to me the other night in the middle of a design too. I wrote down the stitch number it was at. Turned off my XT's, closed OS & DS, shut down/restarted my computer. I brought my design back up hit reset design, went into settings and Move, in move I went down to stitch and put in my stitch number, clicked on the tab move to stitch, clicked Apply/OK and it moved to my stitch, backed it up a stitch or two for the heck of it and hit my green button. All went well after that.
            FYI - That was my second or third time in the last three months I have had that happen. I didn't even think to call support, just did what I did from knowing nothing but to try starting over because as you mentioned moving the needle case didn't help, it continued to lock-up in that same position between needles 10 & 11 or 9 & 10. (don't remember that detail....)
            Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X